H22 AC help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 AC help!!!

I need help. what do I have to do to get ac back in my car? what lines do u have to use and what compressor? right now i believe i have the prelude compessor in there.
    Some Help Please IM hot!!!

when doing h22 swaps you dont touch the ac. all accord lines, compressor, condensor, etc etc etc. even the bracket that bolts the compressor to the motor

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yep, use all Accord stuff.

Comment

ditto. Stick w/ all accord stuff for a/c like everyone else says. I just finished my swap a few weeks ago. Of course, I opened up the system & I need to get the freon charged but definitely stick with all accord stuff.

Keep in mind that you should also use the accord crank pulley (4 ribs as opposed to the H22's 5 ribs). That way the belts you use will be accord.

*Note: don't forget to use the accord p/s pump & bracket (if your going to retain p/s). The H22 one will sit differently & belts will be different because of the accord crank pulley.
        www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

I think I retained all the Prelude pullies... I'm pretty sure my shop made a custom PS line, and the AC needs a custom line as well according to them. I'm about to use the Accord stuff with the Prelude pulley... I just need to DO it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I think I retained all the Prelude pullies... I'm pretty sure my shop made a custom PS line, and the AC needs a custom line as well according to them. I'm about to use the Accord stuff with the Prelude pulley... I just need to DO it!
            swap in an accord compressor and lines and use an accord belt and itll fit mike

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I need to put in a/c! maybe i'll do it this weekend.

Comment

reviving old thread...

so, i have a JDM H22 (with alternator, power steering pump and crank pulley from H22)... wouldnt I use the H22 compressor to keep the belts all H22? Could I use the F22 bracket with the H22 A/C compressor?

Comment

This thread helps me alot! I'm doing my H22A swap in a few weeks here and i was confused if i should use my f22 crank pulley or h22...

thaNks guys!

Originally posted by toycar
                  Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
                    reviving old thread...

so, i have a JDM H22 (with alternator, power steering pump and crank pulley from H22)... wouldnt I use the H22 compressor to keep the belts all H22? Could I use the F22 bracket with the H22 A/C compressor?
                    If you use the H22 compressor you will have to get custom a/c lines. Prelude lines and accord lines are different. So is the compressor.

Use the F22A compressor with the F22A bracket and belt. The crank pulley will have an extra rib left over but thats not a problem when the belt is properly tensioned.

Or just use the F22A crank pulley on the h22 and have everything match up.

Originally posted by nusdogg View Post
                    This thread helps me alot! I'm doing my H22A swap in a few weeks here and i was confused if i should use my f22 crank pulley or h22...

thaNks guys!
                    Use the F22A crank pulley, So that you wont have the extra rib left when using the accord ac compressor.

Comment

Can I use:
                      H22 Crank Pulley
                      H22 Alt
                      F22 A/C

Which belt is required? If any honda one lol
                      Last edited by CB7Man; 08-30-2009, 08:50 AM.
                      Your man for wiring solutions!
                      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Whichever belt has the fewer number of ribs. F22 I believe. The H22 pulleys will have an empty slot, though.

Your best bet would be to use an H22 pulley on the AC compressor.

Comment

was i the only one who did it the hard way

i used the H22 compressor, both ac lines ( suction and discharge ) were custom made, basically an accord fitting on one end and the h22 fitting on the other.

the only thing that was difficult was finding someone braze the two ac adapters.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

That's how I was told to do it... but I never bothered

Comment

Working...
                            X