X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just doesnt look right?

tranny

valve cover

was i supposed to cut and weld the tranny mount like on the h series swap? i was a auto now im manual i didnt think i had to modify mount but it just doesnt look right and theres some clearance issues and it kinda sits and a angle from left to right like its farther back on the passenger side i hope i dont have to pull it again
    www.2camcrew.com

o and how do you get the hose to fit the power steering pump
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

i'm not sure why it's not sitting properly, but as for the power steering you have to use the high pressure line part from the pump on the motor and braize it in with the accord line. if you can use the accord pump, then thats the best way to do it.

IMO, who needs power steering? i love not having it.. took a week to get used to but i absolutely love it without.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

ya i was thinking about ditching the ps but my girl drives my car sometimes and i dont want to her her bitching about ps but i dont have the hp line from the f22b so mabe i can get the f22a4 pump on there any1 else no why my engine sits funny?
        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

i think u do have to cut and reweld the passenger side mount
          =my idea of classic JDM
          to my car page

Comment

^^^^ 4GAccordH22 haded to cut and reweld his passenger side mount when he got his h22 5spd in and he converted it to manual when he did the swap.
            =my idea of classic JDM
            to my car page

Comment

thats a h22 thought you have to cut and reweld even if its 5sp allready but thats for the guess i think i know what the the problem is so well see tomorrow
              www.2camcrew.com

Comment

yes you have to relocate the tranny mount. that will solve your problem. go to a yard and drill out a mannual tranny mount off a cb7 and cut ur old one off, then get the new one welded on to wher the mannual one should be on yours.

Comment

omg
                  www.2camcrew.com

Comment

why wouldnt they say anything about welding a mount for a auto to manual swap in the instructions
                    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

it doesnt matter if its f22a, h22a, h23a you still have to reweld the tranny mount if you are going from auto-5spd.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

that funny i never moved my tranny mount when i did my 5spd swap, my motor is sitting correctly has your car been in a wreck ie a side impact, measure the frame rails and see if you get the same measurments from someone elses car
                        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

as far as i hear and read the f22b with a manual tranny doesnt require modification on the mount. BUT your engine is DEfinatly crooked
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Like Chiaboi said, I had to relocate the tranny mount. AS far as I know, whenever you go from auto to manual you have to relocate it. Once the mount is moved the motor should sit right. I still don't have a lot of clearance, but it doesn't hit anything and I have to move a wire bundle to remove the valve cover... Best thing to do is drill out the spot welds on the mount, put the motor back in and bolt it to the 3 remaining mounts loosely, then place the tranny mount and tack weld it in. Take the motor back out and finish the weld, then put some primer on it so it doesn't rust. This is a good time to clean and maybe repaint the engine bay!

Good luck man!
                            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                            X