has any1 used auto mount for manual swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has any1 used auto mount for manual swap

can i just reweld the auto mount in a new spot or do i have to go get a manual mount
    www.2camcrew.com

#1) Manual tranny mount is stronger.
    #2) If you don't cut and reweld.. your engine will be crooked and you'll probably pop an axle out.
    #3) The mount is only 30 bucks at honda!

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

The new mount isn't that expensive from the dealer, and when you remove the old one from the car, you will most likely damage it. It will at least have holes in it from where you had to drill out the spot welds. Just hit up the dealer (even Majestic would probably have it, or San Leandro Honda . Check em out!
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
        #1) Manual tranny mount is stronger.
        #2) If you don't cut and reweld.. your engine will be crooked and you'll probably pop an axle out.
        #3) The mount is only 30 bucks at honda!

1. yes the manual mount is stronger.
        2. my engine is not crooked and i used the auto mount, but we did fabricate a solid mount that connects to the tranny. left the mount on the fender well alone.

just make sure that you have someone weld it up nice and good. make sure you put some paint on it afterwards or you will run into rust problems. rust will give you all kinds of headaches.

i say do what this guy said. (FDAccord)
        Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
        can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

i never had to relocated the mount on my accord and it came stock as a auto, as for being stronger i dont know but my mounts are fine been like that for three years lots or ripping and torquin, with no problems
          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

part # any1
            www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
              part # any1
              through what company duh
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

honda
                www.2camcrew.com

Comment

I had the part number sitting around here.. it's not on majestic honda's website but its a special order, best bet is to go to a dealership and have it next dayed to you.. you'll get it asap.. CPMIKE and t3h hot! have the part number..

Comment

60831-SM4-300ZZ

that should be it... ask to see a diagram of it before actually buying it (recommend going to a dealer instead of using majestic) and make sure it looks like the white bracket in this photo.

note that you will also need the 5spd rubber mount - but heres a hint, the auto and manual rubber mounts are the same rubber circle bolted to a different mounting plate. if you buy the MT plate, you can swap your original rubber onto the manual plate and bolt it onto the new tranny. then weld that bracket listed above to the car, and youll be all good. part number for the plate should be 98230 on majestic (dont have honda part number, but its easy to find in the dealers computer), labelled as #7 in this pic: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...T&vinsrch=null
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

if i remember correctly, the holes from the a/t mount didnt line up with the bolts on the m/t tranny. they used a manual mount, fabricated a bracket and welded it to the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                        if i remember correctly, the holes from the a/t mount didnt line up with the bolts on the m/t tranny. they used a manual mount, fabricated a bracket and welded it to the frame.
                        your right they dont but i have a manual mount for my tranny so only the mount on the frame is needed
                        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

speaking of which i have a manual tranny bracket for 20 shipped.

Comment

trans swap

I know this web site is for accord but i'm doing a transmission swap on my 96 civic and i know no where else to turn help

Comment

www.honda-tech.com

go there and SEARCH.

members/ride | the/website
                              180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Working...
                              X