95 cat-back exhuast swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 cat-back exhuast swap

I lookin into buying new exhaust but i dont know what i want.i do know that APEXI has the WORLD SPORT and GREDDY has the EVO and SP for the CB7. so i was thinking if i could swap a 5th gen exhaust dx/lx/ex. has anybody done this swap before? i dont want to do a custom exhuast i already have that so heres what im looking at:
    94-97 ACCORD EXHAUST
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...0Accord%201995

90-93 ACCORD EXHAUST
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=
    GIVE YOUR OPINONS
    AKA:ONEOFFACCORD

no, the s-bend in the exhaust has a different placement in the CD5 models compared to ours . . . they dont swap over
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i was talking to a friend of mine about this post and he said that it should bolt up but just a lil mods

Comment

why go through the hassle of having to mod a quality made exhaust like apex and greddy made to fit on another chassis? they already make exhausts systems for our cb7s
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

It MIGHT bolt up, but Im not sure, and I doubt it....

WHY would you want to spend hundreds of dollars on a quality catback, just to cut it up??? If you are serious about doing this, youre going to have to see if the bends are EXACTLY the same, and then either cut or extend the piping as necessary. Why even bother???

You can just get a new exhaust canister, and either have piping bent for you or try to find a pre-bent piping kit and have exactly the same thing you would as cutting up a catback without spending more money just to hack something up. Not to mention that if you make youre own exhaust, you have the option of using larger diameter piping if you wanted to.

I know you said you already have a custom made exhaust and dont want it, but thats honestly youre best bet in this situation. I have a feeling youre only looking at 94-97 CD chassis exhaust systems because you dont like the muffler canister styles that are available for the CB7. If thats the case.... too bad.

IMO.... trying to cut up a catback exhaust is a very, very, very stupid thing to do. Youre basically spending extra money for a name brand, quality product, just to hack it all up, and possibly ruining it in the process.

Comment

i was debating this myself and ir ead a long time ago that it does fit and you would have to change the length of one of the piping and a flange....
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X