engines out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engines out

took some pictures, it was a fiarly quick removal, after everything was unplugged and the accessories were taken off. the tranny made for a little difficult but we got it out. here are sum pics:

the beast

different angle

who stole my engine??

big empty space

now all me and my friend have to do is tear it down, see what all is wrong with it and order the new parts ill need. mite take a few days to figure out wut i need to order. ill keep this updated with tear down pics, especially wen i find wuts broken.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

You're building the engine up or swapping it?

Comment

as of right now. im simply putting stuff similar to stock in, wen i have the money to build it up and boost it, which will hopefully be this coming summer, i will boost it. i dont have the money for a swap, and ive always loved the sound of BOV.

but as of right now, im kinda tossin the idea in my head, yea turboing the car would be great. but i like it as a daily driver as well. and i really want a 240sx, which i may be coming into soon, as my aunt has a 95 240 which she doesnt really drive anymore it basically sits in there garage and collects dust. so i may buy the 240 from them and swap in a sr20det. it would be really sweet to have a fwd car with the suspension set-up i have now for back road driving, then the 240 for autocrossing.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
        as of right now. im simply putting stuff similar to stock in, wen i have the money to build it up and boost it, which will hopefully be this coming summer, i will boost it. i dont have the money for a swap, and ive always loved the sound of BOV.

but as of right now, im kinda tossin the idea in my head, yea turboing the car would be great. but i like it as a daily driver as well. and i really want a 240sx, which i may be coming into soon, as my aunt has a 95 240 which she doesnt really drive anymore it basically sits in there garage and collects dust. so i may buy the 240 from them and swap in a sr20det. it would be really sweet to have a fwd car with the suspension set-up i have now for back road driving, then the 240 for autocrossing.
        Damn, you are just like me in this respect.

Comment

if yoru already rebuilding it, you might as well put 2 - 300 bucks more for stronger parts so u can turbo.
          ]

Comment

change your motor mounts while it's out! especially the rear one.
            Originally posted by rickyduckworth
            i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

wut would be good to upgrade for turbo, pistons and rings? anything else?

and wut about the mounts should i change before i put it back in? uwts wrong with the mounts?

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

change them to polyurethane mounts

My winter project on day 1 !!

BUY MY PARTS !!!
                Stock hood , front seats , body kit (will seperate)

Comment

and wut about the mounts should i change before i put it back in? uwts wrong with the mounts?
                  the mounts are prolly worn so it would be better to change them so they dont flex as much under hard acceleration. pistons and rods would be good . . . rings would be changed obviously . . . thats really it . . . should be good for 15 psi maybe more with good tuning. thats with fuel and ignition system upgrades of course
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

definitly powerwash the engine bay while its out yo!

Comment

yea, im definiely gonna wash out the engine bay.

ok a list of stuff i need/should get:

rods
                      pistons
                      bearings, both main and rod
                      gaskets and seals
                      upgrade the mounts

is there anything else i should get upgrade? about how much am i lookin at right now? also, we're not sure if the crank is reusebale yet, so about how much do those usually run?

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

http://www.f22parts.com/item_Pistonsecono.htm

you should be the first one from cb7tuner.com to try these Never really heard of anybody using them.

ILBB
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

oh yea, i also need new clutch parts. wen the clutch fluid was drained, it was black.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

boost...... hmm a lot of work everyday, man ur gonna wanna floor it everywhere, its too fun. go all motor, its cheaper

Comment

When removing your engine, you attach those chains to the motor mounts righT? Noob over here plannin on a h22 swap for summer of '06.

Comment

Working...
                              X