jdm f22b 2.2 vtec sohc swap for jdm h22 dohc vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm f22b 2.2 vtec sohc swap for jdm h22 dohc vtec

ok i know i know this site is based on the cb7 but just thought i might squeeze this question in.i now own a cd5 accord jdm model ( i know im goin to get slaughtered for this ) im thinking of swappin da h22a into it, is this a straight swap also this particullar motor doesnt carry the iab box so ..can i just use the f22b intake manifold on the h series motor or i prolly have to run wires for this .. the car is a 95 accord my h22 came out of a prelude 92 so what changes i will have to do to make it suitable for the car ?

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

serach no f22 manifold on a h22a wouldnt be a good idea

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Yo man, swaping a f22b for a H22 in the 94 accord is a little more work, but not much. You have to do basically most of the steps you would do if it were a CB7 swap. ONly difference as far as I know is the engine mounts.
      using a JDM engine, there are different mounts than you have on the F22b. Customs mounts are needed here.
      other than that, make sure you get the prelude manifold and downpipe, P13/ p28(chipped) ECu, run 4 wires for Vtec(Vtec solenoid, Knock sensor, Vtec pressure switch, and EGR valve..i think).
      I don't know about the emission laws where you are at, but I rigged up a custom 2.5" exhaust straight through, no cat, with just a resonator and a performance muffler.

My buddy is doing the swap on a 94 accord in the next few weeks. I will let you know if there is anything else to look out for.
      Hondamatt

Comment

drivers side mount has to be shaved a quarter of an inch, you will see it when you get to it. other than that . . . nothing is different than the CB swap process
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Ive Got The H22 Manifold NO PROBS ,I bought IT From Tiawan (lucre Star ) Pic Here..... It Fits The H22 For The 94 - 97 Accord Jdm Cd5-6 HAS IT HAPPENDS THE 95 ACCORD HAS THE F22B 2.2 VTEC SOHC MOTOR BUT I DIDnT CHECK TO SEE IF IT HAS THE KNOCK SENSOR but WHEN IT COMES BACK FROM REPAIR I'LL CHECK. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS
          Last edited by ukaccord92; 10-02-2005, 07:43 PM.

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Working...
          X