Suspension problems after H22 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension problems after H22 swap

I recently swapped a Jdm H22 with an LSD auto and somehow the front wheels moved forward about 1 or 2 inches after I put the everything back together. Why the hell did this happen? Also when the car is up on stands and I spin the wheels the entire motor and trans has a slight lateral movement, causing the car to shake bad ot low speeds. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

bad motor mounts, you could have put the control arms on the wrong side, or the tranny mount could be installed/welded in wrong.

Comment

either or bro

Comment

I have new mounts and the axles were the last thing i installed on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by azH22cb7
          I have new mounts and the axles were the last thing i installed on the car.
          so did you take off the control arms for any reason?

And was the car always an automagic? if not, the mount bracket should have been moved. Im not exactly sure how much or anything since I dun like the autos.

Comment

i didnt have this problem when i had my green auto accord with the H22a auto swap. did you use accord axles? tranny mount? good luck bro.
            Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
            *RIP*
            1993 Accord EX Coupe
            1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
            1993 Accord EX Coupe
            Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
            JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
            I love it when VTEC kicks in!
            vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

When I did my swap, although it was a manual, I initially put the prelude axles in, (my stupid ass didn't read the swap thread thouroughly), but anyhow because the axles are a little longer from the prelude tranny they had to go in on an angle to fit, therefore forcing my wheels to move forward and made a shuddering sound when I first started to try and drive and moved the engine laterally upon rotation of the axles....eventually I realized what the problem was so I got some hybrid axles from www.raxles.com, cheap and they worked out perfrectly and let me use the prelude halfshaft.... Hope this helps...good luck!

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
              - RJ de Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                i didnt have this problem when i had my green auto accord with the H22a auto swap. did you use accord axles? tranny mount? good luck bro.
                I'm using the accord axles and accord tranny mount

Comment

Originally posted by azH22cb7
                  I'm using the accord axles and accord tranny mount
                  With the prelude tranny i thought you had to use the prelude intermediate shaft, and inner part from a prelude and mate it to the outer of an accord?

Comment

Working...
                  X