Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust for h22a swap

i did a search :/

can i use a normal prelude exhaust system? will it fit one my 92 honda accord from the header to the muffler and not look stupid ?

Just use a prelude header, downpipe and cat... after that they line up perfectly.
    Last edited by koolkoreanked; 11-14-2005, 06:52 PM.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

*bump * any with a h22a swap what did u do ?

Comment

get 92-96 prelude vtec usdm headers. Then use the accord cat and cat back. This is what i have on my car. I know that is works for a lx and dx. Not so sure about ex though.

CB7 JDM H22a

<br><br>
        R.I.P Accord ---- ---

Comment

awsome i have an LX thx

Comment

i kept my jdm header and downpipe. it's larger diameter, it's better than the usdm. you should just either get a custom flange welded onto your cat, or redrill holes that line up, the flange is big enough, just grind off all the bolts flush, drill new holes and new lugs and gasket. and get accord catback. may also want to opt for hi flow cat or testpipe for better flow.

Comment

i heard JDM OEM headers fit against the stock cat with no problems .
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                i heard JDM OEM headers fit against the stock cat with no problems .
                They do. But while the car is in the air you might as well get a high flow cat or if you dont need emissions test like in NC a test pipe.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally Posted by koolkoreanked
                  They do. But while the car is in the air you might as well get a high flow cat or if you dont need emissions test like in NC a test pipe.
                  No. The JDM h22 collector is different (larger) and will NOT bolt on to the stock cat. Like DeathFromAbove noted:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
                  i kept my jdm header and downpipe. it's larger diameter, it's better than the usdm. you should just either get a custom flange welded onto your cat, or redrill holes that line up, the flange is big enough, just grind off all the bolts flush, drill new holes and new lugs and gasket. and get accord catback. may also want to opt for hi flow cat or testpipe for better flow.
                  The JDM h22 collector (by flexpipe) is larger (and yes, better design because of better overall flow). I used the JDM h22 downpipe/flexpipe and I got my f22a6 collector welded onto the h22 flexpipe. Bolted onto my cat ever since w/out a hitch

If you go USDM, the downpipe/flexpipe will not need to be welded as accordhyper mentioned above and will be a direct bolt on w/out any mods. I couldn't get my hands on a USDM one at the time so I just had mine welded at a muffler shop.
                  Last edited by cyclonus_cb7; 11-17-2005, 07:45 PM.
                  www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Well drilling out new hole to make it bolt up is the same in my book as direct bolt on... It fits. For some reason the few my buddy has done has been direct bolt on... no welding, cutting or tweaking...

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

ANY Accord exhaust system will be rather small in diameter for an H22. Your best bet is to get a custom system with 2.5" diameter mandrel bent piping. www.kteller.com sells pre-made piping in various sizes. Anything smaller than 2.5" will somewhat choke the top end of the H22... kind of a waste, IMO, since Honda motors are made to perform up top!

Comment

Working...
                      X