Questions pertaining to 5 speed swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions pertaining to 5 speed swap.

Well, got the first shipment of parts today. A welcome suprised when I got home from school. I noticed two things about the clutch pedal though. When I press it down it . . . I don't want to say it clicks, it more like snaps after a certain point. Goes so far, then all the sudden locks into place in the down position.
    Should it do this? Or will it not do that with everything hooked up to it?
    That leads me to the second question.
    On the clutch pedal there are the two plugs on the back. The wires are cut through. Where do they go to? Will I need to just solder and shrink a wire fro meach to where they need to go? I don't think I can do much with only a few inches.
    And also if my mechanic doesn't get back from TN soon I'm just going to do this all at my friends house. Pizza and beer/pop will be provided. And anyone is invited.

Question #1, Yes, the clutch does that. It won't when everything is hooked up.

Question #2, One of the 2 switches is for the cruise control, so that it turns off when you step on the clutch (speaking of which, if you want to keep your cruise control, you'll need a new cruise control module, as they are different for autos and manuals). And the other switch is for the clutch interlock. That's the one that makes it so you have to have the clutch pedal to the floor to start the car (I never hooked that one up). For the cruise switch, just take the pink wire from the cc module harness and wire it directly to the hot side of the switch and the black wire (At least I think it was black) to the other side and it will work just fine.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Thanks, Yeah I read through the swap a few times and found out about the wires. Looks like I'll have to extend them. Thanks for the info on the clutch pedal. I was wondering because it seemed to lock into place. Didn't want it to do that if it wasn't supposed to. I appriciate it.

Comment

yeah.. once you hook up the clutch line.. it'll work fine.. when i put in my pedal.. it was doing the same thing.. but then again it wasnt even hooked up.. so you'll be fine

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

[/Quote]
          Question #2, One of the 2 switches is for the cruise control, so that it turns off when you step on the clutch (speaking of which, if you want to keep your cruise control, you'll need a new cruise control module, as they are different for autos and manuals).[/QUOTE]

Hey i just wanted to tell you that i did not change out the cruise control module and had no probs. Yours may be different, but in general i dont think the module has to be changed out.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
          X