Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4dr h22 worth it?

Hello my fellow tuners,

I have a 4dr Automatic 91 Accord ( Yea yea, I know I know). Anyways, I can get a good price on a complete H22 and my buddies can do that swap for me. Our only main concern is going from Auto to Manny.

Heres my question: Is it worth it to put a H22 in a 4dr? Is there much diffrence in the weight of the 2 dr and 4 dr?

The reason why Iam doing this is because Im working with a $3g budget. So, If I get another car, I will be stuck with 2 cars. I figure I'd just make the one I already have, faster. Is there anyone in this forum with a 4dr swaped?

**You guys can yell at me all you want...Just as long as you send me the link**

**Im prepared and I already know who is going to be the first to yell at me...lol

Thanks for your time,
    -Lam W.

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
    Is there anyone in this forum with a 4dr swaped?

the 4 dr is lighter than the 2 dr if i remember correctly

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...e+sedan+weight

Comment

the weight difference between the cb7 coupes and sedans is negligible for daily driving... putting an h22 into a 4dr is completely preference.

only thing i want to make sure youre aware of, is that if you use the f22 auto tranny, youll be stripping the balls off the new h22... if you must stay automatic, at least get the h22 auto tranny.

edit: thanks kmart

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          the weight difference between the cb7 coupes and sedans is negligible for daily driving... putting an h22 into a 4dr is completely preference.

only thing i want to make sure youre aware of, is that if you use the f22 auto tranny, youll be stripping the balls off the new h22... if you must stay automatic, at least get the h22 auto tranny.

edit: thanks kmart
          No no...We are gonna do the complete Swap, manual tranny and all. and is 93accordexcoupe right about the whole "4 dr being lighter than a 2dr?

Thanks,
          -Lam

Comment

check out the link up there, some times its true and sometimes its not, depends on the year, trim, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
              and is 93accordexcoupe right about the whole "4 dr being lighter than a 2dr?
              did you look at the link at all?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                check out the link up there, some times its true and sometimes its not, depends on the year, trim, etc

I wasn't doubting you bro, just find it hard to belive haha . Anyone care to explain why a 4dr would be lighter than a 2dr?

Damn those people who called me an idiot for doing a swap on my 4dr...

T h a n k s again,
                -Lam

Comment

I've got a 4dr H22 swap and I love it! Definitely worth it in my opinion. I love reliable power and the heads that turn when I hit it
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
                    I've got a 4dr H22 swap and I love it! Definitely worth it in my opinion. I love reliable power and the heads that turn when I hit it

Haha i agree meh tooo. H22A 4 Door Sleeper w00t.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah.. i do too.. 4 door h22 babyyyyyyyyyyy.. sleeper status.. haha

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22

Haha Awesome...What did you guys beat? What cars did you rape and/or own?

Im 100% sure about the swap now...Order is placed...Install will be the 1st weekend of April.

I will let you guys know about everything and keep you updated.

Thanks again guys ,
                        -Lam

Comment

probably at least 75% of the h22 accords here are 4 doors. Then again there were more 4 doors made then 2 doors. Anyways as for the weight, they're still the same length cars and everything, just the coupe has 2 longer, heavier doors then the sedans 4 shorter lighter doors, thus they are around the same. I believe the coupe may also have more bracing in the door itself or around it for crash standards, since the 4 door has a b pillar going down the middle of the car between the 2 sets of doors.
                          HSHO #3

Comment

i did an auto - 5speed swap and i love every minute of it...it is definately worth it...just make sure u get a good clutch and light lb. flywheel.

Comment

It's not hard to find weight specs for the Accord... Google turns up dozens of sites that will give it to you. Look for "1990-1993 Accord Curb Weight" and you'll get your answers. Possible reasons for the coupe being heaver would be additional chassis stiffening (the B pillar isn't as centered as on the sedan), larger reinforced doors, beefier window regulators... who knows exactly. Someone would have to strip and weigh all the parts to really know the reason... or have some source of info that I have yet to find.

Either way, the weight difference is no more than 50lbs, I'm sure. Hell, even the wagons don't weigh THAT much more!

So yes, an H22 in a 4 door is just fine. Why you need other people to tell you if it's "worth it" is beyond me. If YOU think it's worth it, then it is. If you don't think it's worth it, then please, by all means, go get yourself a Civic and put the H22 in there. I'll continue to be happy with my H22 powered 4 door regardless of what other people think.

Comment

Working...
                              X