h22 swap time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swap time

alright, its spring break, and as long as the weather is OK im gonna be doing my 1994 jdm h22a swap. im swapping both the engine and tranny (not doing a conversion, i already have a MT), i just need some final info.

this is some of the stuff i would like confirmed:
    1. mounts: use all accord mounts.
    2. a/c: the prelude compressor and stuff will work. if it doesnt fit, i can swap the accord one on, and swap the pulleys (so the belt will fit correctly)

and some questions i need answered:
    1. motor mounts: if im going to be using all accord mounts, i guess that means i would be ordering accord inserts. whats the best place to buy energy suspension motor mount inserts?
    2. belts: should i go to Honda for the timing and balancer belts? or will autozone be fine...
    3. downpipe: acclude91 said he needed to grind off part of his front crossmember because his exhuast was rattling against it. anyone else have this problem?
    4. replacements:: i have a brand new clutch kit, water pump, oil pan gasket, gonna be getting new belts and mount inserts- anything else i should replace while im at it?

thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-13-2004, 12:42 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

All the seals on the t-belt side, balance shafts, rear main (do the front as well), etc. Definitely use OEM parts. I don't trust autozone parts anymore. If you order the parts from majestic or similar also get the tool that holds holds the auto tensioner in a compressed position.

Comment

If your close maybe i can help you out.

Comment

He's close... He was gonna come down to MD with you a few weeks ago

Anyway, the AC won't work unless youget a custom line set up. At least the Prelude compressor. I'm guessing the Accord compressor would be the same thing...

Comment

What custom AC lines? Use the Accord bracket/compressor and it works fine.

Comment

Use the Accord Compressor and bracket. Wouldn't be a bad idea to use the Accord Altenator and bracket either, then use the accord belt.

You all OEM stuff. Don't put shit made in china on your engine.

I've heard of the downpipe problem before but never experianced it myself. Patastinky's having the same problem installing an H22A4 into his EX coupe.

Maybe it's an H22A4 thing.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

All I can bring to the table in this conversation is to ONLY use OEM parts. ....I cannot stress that enough.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

much thanks.

busted, thanks for the response, cleared everything up. i think acclude91 had the A4- it may be an a4 thing like you said. im going on that theory, and im gonna hope i dont have to deal with it.

oh and i ordered this: http://www.performancepartz.com/prod...oducts_id=1829 i cant quite tell if its the whole kit for all 4 mounts, or just the front torque mount? any idea?

Current cars:

Comment

Pretty sure that's just the torque mount (front) insert. I've never seen inserts for the rest of the mounts for Accords. Plus for $15 bucks I doubt it would be for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                    What custom AC lines? Use the Accord bracket/compressor and it works fine.
                    Well there ya go... Man, I regret having a shop do my swap every day... They said "Can't do it without a custom line..." and when I asked them if they could just put the Accord one on, the guy said "The pulleys won't work." I guess it's my fault for doubting my own abilities and trusting a "professional". My only defense is that I didn't have the proper tools and facilities to do the swap myself.

Sorry for the rant. It just pisses me off every time I think of how that shop screwed me over... Mike, you may have your thread back now

Comment

like i said before lemme know when your doin your swap ill help ya out.

Comment

He's doing it this week... right now... He's replacing the clutch at the moment, I believe.

Comment

Good luck man, im doin mine in june, We gonna show NY what cb7's are all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                            Good luck man, im doin mine in june, We gonna show NY what cb7's are all about.
                            thanks where in NY are you? maybe we could meet up sometime.

well as an update, got the whole wiring harness labeled and removed, and also replaced the clutch/pressure plate. tomorrow ill be doing the belts and water pump, and any seals if i can. then from there, im pulling the F22, swapping some parts onto the H22, then putting it in!

most current pic i had... before i swapped the clutch and took off the wiring harness, but the tranny is removed.
                            [img]http://****.adminity.net:9996/H22SWAP/swappingclutch.jpg[/img]

Current cars:

Comment

Be carefull when you remove the seals, be sure not to scratch the crank or shafts as that will cause them to leak oil like crazy. Just be extra specail careful. If you don't think you can change them and they appear to be dry, leave them.

Comment

Working...
                              X