Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most insane swap done by a member of this board

Title says it.

I don't wanna hear about H or F series swaps.

I just want to know what else has been done by one of our members.

There's a few V-8 swaps and an I-6 (from a Datsun I think) floating around but I don't think they were done by anyone on here.

So what is the most extreme swap done by a CB7T member?

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

I don't think anyone completed anything... there was one guy that was going to put a 3s-gte into his CB7, but he stopped.

Comment

That's very dissapointing!

Out of all the smart guys on here with, the means, the money, and the knowledge to do a crazy swap and no one's had the desire to do it yet?

I don't really have the $ or facility to do it, but I'd like to do a freakish unique motor swap

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

The thing with a "freakish" swap is that it wont be worth much later on in a cb7. The reason I'm building a nasty h22 turbo motor is not cause I plan on keeping my cb. Its so that later on I can take the motor out of the cb7 and sell it in a civic and still make money or break even. Drop a ls1-ls7 into a
        rx-7 and you still make all your money back. Spend thousands even tens of thousands of dollars putting something crazy into a cb7 and you be lucky to break even when you sell it.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

yea, but usually people who do thoe "freakish" swaps dont do it because they will sell and hope to get break even. They do it because its something they love doing, fabrication and just for shits and giggles.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ive done an h22 swap.......???
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              yea, but usually people who do thoe "freakish" swaps dont do it because they will sell and hope to get break even. They do it because its something they love doing, fabrication and just for shits and giggles.

Yeah, it's gonna take someone who doesn't plan on selling it for profit. KInda like me. It's more for the the fun, the challenge, the sentimental value, and the enjoyment of the finnished work.

H22's don't count as "wild". It's been done tens of thousands of times if not more!

I'm talking TRUE CUSTOM ONLY here!

Anyone?

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                Yeah, it's gonna take someone who doesn't plan on selling it for profit. KInda like me. It's more for the the fun, the challenge, the sentimental value, and the enjoyment of the finnished work.

H22's don't count as "wild". It's been done tens of thousands of times if not more!

I'm talking TRUE CUSTOM ONLY here!

Anyone?
                I think im fully aware of the thousands of h22 swaps that have been done to pretty much every accord in the world.....

Honestly, I don't think anyone would bother trying to put something completely different into an accord, because the truth of the matter is, no one would really care.....im not trying to be a smart ass or come off like I know everything, but most people that own accords prefer to have them reliable....and no one really has the time/money to drop that kind of fabrication/motor into one.....simply because theres not enough aftermarket back up in order to do such things.....
                1991 Honda Accord Ex
                Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
                Totoro Squad #2

Comment

well i helped my buddie swap a eclipse gst motor into a hatch a year or so ago he sold it now but its one of three in america that run and its easily a 11sec car

Comment

the closest thing i have done to a "wild" swap is put a 1991 civic drivetrain into a 1979 civic wagon. auto tranny and obd0 electronics all worked perfectly. the car also won its class in a car show or two, as well as several burnout contests.

Comment

the cool one i saw was the accord with the small block v8 and drag slicks in the rear...was up on ebay back in the day....i got pics somewhere but too lazy haha
                      ________
                      Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
                      Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 11:00 AM.
                      無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

This thread has turely dissapointed me.

I think I'm gonna have to go a little "wilder" than just a frankenstein trubo setup. Just because no one else has or wants to.

I will see if the money permits, but I think I'm gonna park the CB for quite a while and go mid engine on it along with the frank/turbo setup.

I've got it down on paper, I just need the $ and the time to do it.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                          This thread has turely dissapointed me.

I think I'm gonna have to go a little "wilder" than just a frankenstein trubo setup. Just because no one else has or wants to.

I will see if the money permits, but I think I'm gonna park the CB for quite a while and go mid engine on it along with the frank/turbo setup.

I've got it down on paper, I just need the $ and the time to do it.
                          good luck with that......especially if you don't have the proper amount of $$ and time to do it....but I do wish you luck if you really think its going to work....
                          1991 Honda Accord Ex
                          Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

As long as its planned out properly and your directions are precise, it just comes down to money, time, and tools. I know you can do it...

It just may take a while

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

crazyiest motor eh....at this point, i;d say the F22....no one sticks to the F22 anymore. i think the F22 is probably as rare as a V-8 in a cb7 lol.
                              My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X