Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I still have cruise control with a Euro R intake Mani and Nissan Throttle Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I still have cruise control with a Euro R intake Mani and Nissan Throttle Body?

I'm about to do my JDM H22 swap and It already has a euro r manifold and a Nissan throttle body that 95mm in diameter (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=46512 ). I was wondering if and how I can still run cruise control. I understand there are sacrifices for performance but I use it a lot and it would be sweet if I still could. I have a 93 accord ex coupe by the way. Let me know what you guys think.
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

It might be possible but it will take more time than its worth. Not sure how the Nissan cruise control works but if its similar you might be able to get it to work. If not then you might as well take out the cruise control.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm pretty sure that it just hooks up to the throttle rotor somehow. I also know that the f22 intake mani has two vacuum lines that go to the cruis control. I'm thinking as long as the euro r mani has those two holes for vacuum, I can rig something up with the throttle rotor.
      Former Ride:
      93 Accord Coupe
      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
      Black on Black Leather
      5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
        I'm pretty sure that it just hooks up to the throttle rotor somehow. I also know that the f22 intake mani has two vacuum lines that go to the cruis control. I'm thinking as long as the euro r mani has those two holes for vacuum, I can rig something up with the throttle rotor.
        I think you can hook any vac line up and it will work. you could always just 'T' off something else

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yes you can still run cruise control just run your vaccum and your fine because on cb7's the cruise control cable is hook up to gas pedal not the throttle rotor so yeah you should be able to run it know prob.

Good Luck with your swap

Comment

all it needs is vacuum. if it came down to it, you can get a threaded hose barb and drill and tap a hole to add your own vacuum nipple on the manifold to hook it up to.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yup, the cruise is vacuum controled, it actuates the gas pedal itself. As for this Nissan throttle body, i wanna see pics...

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
                Yup, the cruise is vacuum controled, it actuates the gas pedal itself. As for this Nissan throttle body, i wanna see pics...
                There's a link on my first post with pics on it.

thanks for the imput guys. I'm just trying to work out the kinks for this swap now so I don't get into it and get stressed out.
                Former Ride:
                93 Accord Coupe
                Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                Black on Black Leather
                5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
                  There's a link on my first post with pics on it.

thanks for the imput guys. I'm just trying to work out the kinks for this swap now so I don't get into it and get stressed out.
                  No problem! The vacuum system is fun with the Euro-R manifold, im telling you now...

Comment

holy wow! there really is a +3" throttle body opening? but to answer this thread's question AGAIN, yes you can still run cruise as it's attached to the pedal itself and not the throttle rotor.

look at the cruise actuator (bottom right corner of engine bay) and you can see that the cable attached goes into the firewall to the gas pedal. when you're on cruise control and you use the "accel" button you can see/feel the pedal sink as if you were stepping on it.

euro-r vacuum systems are indeed fun scott .
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X