Swap ?'s before I buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap ?'s before I buy

I was just wondering, how hard is it to retain A/C on an H22? I was also thinking about going F22B turbo, how hard would it to be to keep A/C on THAT?

Last question, does anyone have opinions of H22A auto?

AC on an H22 requires F22 parts or custom lines. Not too hard, either way. I never hooked it back up though.

AC on anything turbo requires a manifold that gives clearance. Such manifolds are often expensive, and some custom line work may still be in order. That's a much more expensive and complicated route... though doable.

Auto H22 is decent from a roll, but from a dig it's considerably less fun than manual. I wouldn't want one... but it's better than F22 auto!

Comment

Keeping A/C on an H22 is easy as shit. Just leave the lines connected to your stock compressor when you swap. Put the stock bracket on the H22 block and throw the compressor on. Done.

Auto H22 sucks cock. If you had a pet gorilla, you wouldn't put him in a pink dress would you?

Comment

I'm still curious to see what someone can do with an auto H22 CB7... with a built up tranny. Everyone talks about Level10, but nobody has done anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          Keeping A/C on an H22 is easy as shit. Just leave the lines connected to your stock compressor when you swap. Put the stock bracket on the H22 block and throw the compressor on. Done.

Auto H22 sucks cock. If you had a pet gorilla, you wouldn't put him in a pink dress would you?
          please see the swap FAQ for more insight!!!

i agree here. it's as simple as unbolting the compressor from the block, transfering the bracket over to the new motor and rebolting the compressor back on. there is no need to remove any lines or modify them.

LOL at the pet gorilla comment! but i digress. stickydiljoe's H22a auto is pretty darn quick! he does have a euro-r tranny control unit though which not many people have .
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I messed around with ATX on the highway one night... back when he had the regular auto H22. From 50+, he was right with me. You'd never be able to tell which of us was 5 speed and which was auto.

Comment

If you had a pet gorilla, you wouldn't put him in a pink dress would you?
              LMAO
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

idk... i think it would be funny to see a gorilla in a pink dress. lmao
                my 91 cb7
                Originally posted by 4doorfury
                I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                  please see the swap FAQ for more insight!!!

i agree here. it's as simple as unbolting the compressor from the block, transfering the bracket over to the new motor and rebolting the compressor back on. there is no need to remove any lines or modify them.

LOL at the pet gorilla comment! but i digress. stickydiljoe's H22a auto is pretty darn quick! he does have a euro-r tranny control unit though which not many people have .

How many people could have a pet gorilla that would rock a pink dress and look good doin' it too....
                  www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    I messed around with ATX on the highway one night... back when he had the regular auto H22. From 50+, he was right with me. You'd never be able to tell which of us was 5 speed and which was auto.
                    There's definitely a greater power loss through the drivetrain with an auto. Maybe the fact that the coupe is slightly lighter made up for that.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

auto tranny is not good for H, it tends to brake pretty fast. just cant handle horsepower and abuse.

Comment

lemme just say automatic, dont even think about it. If you are worrying about learning how to drive manual its not to bad. and the A/C, just used the old stuff, kept everything together works fine. H22 is amazing, still have a smile on my face and I cant wait to get back in my car and go driving. (Just got it up and running yester day, its so fun
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                        Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                        Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                        04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                        Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
                          There's definitely a greater power loss through the drivetrain with an auto. Maybe the fact that the coupe is slightly lighter made up for that.
                          coupes are heavier

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                            coupes are heavier
                            yup

Comment

Working...
                            X