h22 head on 94 vtec block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 head on 94 vtec block

does anybody have any specs or is anybodydoing this swap of a h22 head on a 94 accord ex motor the ex motor has vtec and the oil plug or orfice is not there like the f22a1/4/6 motors and the h23a i think that it will bolt up just need help jus twanted to know my friend had a h22 head and we just put the head on the f22a block just for fun and it bolted up with teh accord head bolts im just looking for some opinions thats all holla at ur boy

It will bolt right up but the cylinder bores are different sizes and to make the timing belt work will require some machine shop work. And after all that money is spent you'll still never make the power that an OE H22A would make.

I don't know what Oil thing you are making reference to. F/H series engines don't need to be taped for Vtec head swaps like the B series do.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=776837&page=1

i read that recently.. i think he used h23 timing belt.. no need for machine work.. if i remember correctly..
      although thats b2 block not a1/4/6 then again the a1/4/6 would be easier to swap the head onto

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

f22b2 block h22a head

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

But does it run? And if so, how much power are you putting down?

Comment

yes it is running.. im waiting on some valve adjustement this weekend.. from the owner..

its not mine.. by the way.. hehe i wish..
            hopefuly.. we can convince him on H-T to do a n/a run
            the purpose of this build up was to boost the shit outta it

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I don't see the point...the F cannot rev to where the H head makes power. Now if you had that setup with a F20 or F18 crank, then you would have an F20B with less torque and power than an H of the same price of the cost all that work was. Plus, where can you get an H head alone anyway?

Personally I still think a F22B1/23A1 or F22B setup with one of the shorter cranks and custom pistons @ 11.0:1 is ultimately the best thing you can do for an all-motor F. Just MO though.

Anyways, that is pretty amazing nonetheless. I always wanted to see if someone could do it, and they did. I imagine we can use H22 headers and stuff too if all the ports are the same distance from each other. Anyone know what headgasket that guy used?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Whats the compression ratio at and what is the actual compression per cylinder now?

I think my H22a's actual compression for each cylinder was 250. I could be wrong. Last time I checked was April 2003.
                Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                *RIP*
                1993 Accord EX Coupe
                1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                1993 Accord EX Coupe
                Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

f23 headgasket.. with some dremel.. work..
                  and its not meant to be a rev monster..
                  but to have for boost purposes
                  think about it
                  F block with stock iron sleeves as compared to the FRM bullshit the H22a block cokmes with=boost happy with
                  h22a top = nice flow with added vtec engagement..
                  perfect combo for boost.. and the C/R stayed around 8 8.5 i think it was

if u want more info click on the link i posted.. theres an entire thread..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                  X