f22a/h22a swap engine mount spacings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a/h22a swap engine mount spacings

I am from Australia and I own a Honda Accord 1990 EXi (power windows, mirrors, locking, sunroof etc, 15in alloys) and I am trying to confirm that I can fit a H22A into it. It currently has an F22A SOHC non-Vtec motor in it.

Can someone help me out with this problem? I can buy a H22A out of a Prelude but the distance between engine mounts is a worry. I am talking about the distance between the holes in the chassis-mounted engine mount brackets that the engine mount bolts go through. The east-west spacing center-to-center is 895mm on my car and 925mm on the Prelude. Similarly, the north-south spacing is 595mm on mine and 625mm on the Prelude. If I have to change those, it means a weld job on the chassis which is probably a no-no with our machinery inspector, not to mention insurance company.

It seems that an F22A/H22A swap is fairly common in the US, so it should not be a problem. However, if I could confirm it with someone who is in identical situation to me, I could proceed with confidence.

Can anyone who has done a f22a/h22a swap tell me what the spacing of these holes is on their car?
    hondadownunder

i just finished doing the same swap.

now the thing about the mounts is, that all of the brackets and mounts that are mounted to the new h22 engine, need to be removed, and the mounts from the old f22 engine will be reinstalled onto it. this makes everything match up- its as if you were reinstalling the same engine, because it all lines up like it should.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Including the F22 brackets??
      "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

The brackets that receive the engine mounts form part of the chassis, they are welded in place at the factory. The spacing between the holes in these brackets, particularly the east-west one, is smaller by about 30mm in my car compared to the Prelude. The only way the H22A will fit is if the F22A mounts are smaller (shorter?) and they somehow have an adjustment on them.

If someone can throw a tape measure on the spacing and tell me what it is, I will know for sure whether the swap will work on my car.
        hondadownunder

Comment

it will definately fit. Use the accord brackets except for the one coming out of the timing cover. That one has to be the prelude bracket. She will fit like a dream.

Comment

Working...
          X