F22A part on H22A swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A part on H22A swap

will my F22a waterpump and alternator and ac compessor fit on the H22?? I just got them replace last month on my f22a. also my h22 engine only come with the top piece of the exhaust manifold, do I need to take out my turbo downpipe and redo the exhaust setup?? like getting an full h22 header or will my old F22a lower exhaust 4-2-1 header will fit the H22 top 4-2-1 exhaust manifold??

I'm also missing my front moter mount due to my f22a turbo, with my h22 swap can I use an accord front engine bracket, rod, mount? will I lost lot of power not having dual runner manifold?? I going to install the turbo with my single runner F22a1 intake manifold, but in the mean time not having the IAB and dual runner is it a big power lost.
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

alt and a/c compressor will fit, as long as you swap the brackets along with them. actually, you have to swap them.. cuz the a/c lines dont attach otherwise. idk about ur turbo exhaust tho.

the front mount: you use the bracket thats bolted to the block, the bracket on the car, and that rod w/ the mounts in it, and all the bolts, all from the F22A. the mount bracket on the front that comes with the H22 doesnt line up.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-30-2004, 06:56 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thank mike,

what other tip and part u can recommend on since I have an LX also. since Ex accord already have vtec and IAB wired and component, what does an LX need to make it work with an h22.

Also about the automatic TCU, my JDM h22A did not come with one, just the ECU. any problem with using the F22 TCU when driving, like it will shift when vtech is enage. and at WOT it shift at 5800rpm, that suck on an h22 engine redline at 7500rpm.

sorry i'm new to h22a stuff, only know about turbo and blowing engine up... Anyone in maryland want to help me out with the swap, I make it worth your while....
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

You can use the f22 TCU, cuz I'm using it. The car will still shift like the f22 tho, so you combat that by shifting manually from 1-2-d3-d4.

You can use the Alt and A/C compressor. You'll just have to change pullies on them cuz there are more ribs on the h22 crank pulley than the f22. And when bolting them to the block, use the f22 holders for those items.

As for the wires to run, there are a lot of FAQ's in various forums that give the wires. I cant remember them all, I know there's IAB (black box under intake manifold, pink wire to A17, blk/yel to power source), VTEC solonoid, VTEC switch(green/yel), and knock sensor (above the oil filter, yel/red wire).

If u have any other questions or problems just holla, myself & mike are fresh off successful swaps. And there are plenty of peeps that know this stuff. Good luck!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

projek, u beat me to it... besides missing a few sensors, its really pretty straightforward... you need to run a wire for the IAB (we were deprived of that), and the EX's didnt have VTEC either... so u need to 2 wires for that (pressure switch and solenoid), also the knock sensor.

edit:
          I cant remember them all, I know there's IAB (black box under intake manifold, pink wire to A17, blk/yel to power source), VTEC solonoid, VTEC switch(green/yel), and knock sensor (above the oil filter, yel/red wire)
          vtec sol = A4
          vtec pressure switch = D6
          knock = D3
          and IAB = A17

edit#2: --> http://www.geocities.com/hondalover11279/H22APIN.html -> disregard his pin numbering tho, but the diagram locations are correct... just numbered wrong
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-30-2004, 08:32 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

any sensor on the JDM engine I need to replace to pass US emission??

does IAB really make any power or only to save fuel economy?? I plan to use my ported F22A1 intake mani without IAB? would that threw any code on the h22 ECU?

ps. do I buy an CAI for h22 or f22??

Thansk again
            Last edited by blazen_accord; 03-30-2004, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Normally, you'd buy a CAI for the prelude, but since you're using the f22 intake mani and TB, then I'd say get one for an accord. The IAB is what is used to open the 2nd set of butterflies in the h22 intake mani, but if you're gonna use the f22 intake mani, then you wont have those, so u dont have to worry about them. I dont know if it'll throw a code or not tho. I'm not even sure if the f22 intake mani will fit on the h22. Do the ports line up??

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by projekakkord
                Normally, you'd buy a CAI for the prelude, but since you're using the f22 intake mani and TB, then I'd say get one for an accord. The IAB is what is used to open the 2nd set of butterflies in the h22 intake mani, but if you're gonna use the f22 intake mani, then you wont have those, so u dont have to worry about them. I dont know if it'll throw a code or not tho. I'm not even sure if the f22 intake mani will fit on the h22. Do the ports line up??

Good question..

Does anyone know if the F22A intake manifold will fit the H22??
                also if your IAB does not work on an H22A does the ECU throw an error code??

Comment

No, it will not throw a code if the IAB is not hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                    thank mike,

what other tip and part u can recommend on since I have an LX also. since Ex accord already have vtec and IAB wired and component, what does an LX need to make it work with an h22.

Also about the automatic TCU, my JDM h22A did not come with one, just the ECU. any problem with using the F22 TCU when driving, like it will shift when vtech is enage. and at WOT it shift at 5800rpm, that suck on an h22 engine redline at 7500rpm.

sorry i'm new to h22a stuff, only know about turbo and blowing engine up... Anyone in maryland want to help me out with the swap, I make it worth your while....
                    I'd love to help you out with the swap.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Bro Are U near Maryland??
                      How Far u away from Columbia, MD 21045?? What day are you free?? I could make it worth your while

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                        Thanks Bro Are U near Maryland??
                        How Far u away from Columbia, MD 21045?? What day are you free?? I could make it worth your while
                        I work out in the Columbia area. My only free day however is sundays

Even though I bought my car as is (with H22A) I'm pretty sure I could help out a bit.
                        ~~~~~~~

Comment

PM me your phone number and see if we can hook up sunday or so..

Comment

columbia,md too....

whats up peeps! im in columbia too in the 21045.is this hung ton from luckpenn?well i have sum things to talk about with u if u r or not. i used to have a 4th gen and i sold it now i want it back to sit next too my 5th gen,but yes if u get this email me or respond!!!thankx
                            SURVIVAL OF THE FIT ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.....

Comment

hey Bro, check your pm..

I'm almost done with the swap,

Comment

Working...
                              X