New swap idea questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New swap idea questions

My coworker has a srt-4, its got BALLS, hes invested so much into his engine, hes got over 400 horses right now, and after his new turbo he'll have even more.

Anyway, we were discussing engine swaps in my car, and we started talking about srt motors, then thinkin... what if i could swap a dodge srt motor into the cb7... its just an idea! i am not serious about it whatsoever at this time. but i might be if its possible down the line. he said that he could get ahold of the srt motors for about 1800 (i cant remember if he said w/the tranny or not), i figured i would also have to get a new rear end setup and everything for the swap.

he said it comes with 230hp stock.. and the cb7 weighs about 1100-1200lbs less than the srt.

what do you guys think? i dont need negative talk at all. i just wanna know what would need to be done. how realistic this swap is. any other ideas or info you guys have about it would be great.

thanks

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

no.... for the money involved you could have a far better setup... i mean... anythings possible... but not even worth it..

SOLD!

Comment

wouldn't be too hard... Phyiscally it would fit sooooo...... But first off get some facts straight.. the srt-4 is not 1100-1200lbs heavier. In fact they weight almost the same with the srt-4 maybe 100-200 lbs heavier. Truthfully I think it would be a nice swap as its never been done before. Personally I would spend my money elsewhere tho. I would be easier to swap in a b series motor fully build it and then turbo it than it would be to swap in the srt-4 motor. Hell it would be cheaper still to fully build a h22, turbo it and then drop it in there. Unless you did everything and I mean EVERYTHING yourself.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

i know about swapping honda engines into it. i know i can fit pretty most anything in there. thats why he and i were discussing the srt swap. no one has done it and thats why i want to. i think it would be sick. and my car wouldnt even sound like a honda anymore... i love the WTF reaction people would give when they found out. and about the weight. HE told me that it weighed 4000... he probably mean to say a different weight. i didnt even think about it, but your right theres no way his car weighs that much. but even so, 150-300lbs makes a huge difference.

and again, i know i can swap an h22 for that price. or b series, i know all this, i dont want to do that, h22 is what im planning on currently, but i think it would be fun to do the srt swap. so dont tell me anymore about swappin honda engines in, i wanna know about the srt swap. i can read in other threads about h, b, or f series swaps.

thanks again for all the help

Member Ride Facebook
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          but even so, 150-300lbs makes a huge difference.

and again, i know i can swap an h22 for that price. or b series, i know all this, i dont want to do that, h22 is what im planning on currently, but i think it would be fun to do the srt swap. so dont tell me anymore about swappin honda engines in, i wanna know about the srt swap. i can read in other threads about h, b, or f series swaps.

thanks again for all the help
          150-300 lbs doesn't make that big of a difference... Its still a drivers race if everything else is equal.
          You shouldn't find a thread on swapping a b series motor into a cb7 as it hasn't been done as far as I know. Its one of those WHY moves. why swap in a smaller motor that makes less tq into a heavier car. As far as the srt-4 motor goes... its one of those why swap a DSM motor into a cb7? As far as orginality it will be for a cb7 but not for hondas in general. There was a civic hatch with a 4g63 motor in it. Same thing as a srt-4 motor except the srt-4 motor uses a stratus crank and has better pistons. Everything that you can thing of to do to a honda vehicle has been done already. The motor will fit and it will work but its going to cost some change Unless you go everything yourself.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

ok thanks guys. thats wut i wanted to know. if it was possible. i know it will cost bank. like i tell customers when i talk to them about products and custom work, you get what you pay for. im not worried about spending a lot of money if i ever decide to do it. if i can afford it, and feel like spending the money ill do it. if not, oh well ill just slap an h22 in like i plan on doing anyways. thanks for answering my questions.

Member Ride Facebook
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Well thats the thing almost anything we do to our cars are way cheaper . Just stick to the script and do the usual you can either juice boost or go allmotor like i am. Its not bad less maintenance and all the only thing the srt-4 has is more torque.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                the only thing the srt-4 has is more torque.
                Unless your juiced that is...

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                  Unless your juiced that is...
                  definitely

Comment

The srt-4 does not use the 4g63 block the 4g63 is an 2.0 litre block and the srt well:
                    Liberated from srtforums.com!
                    Engine block
                    Engine code: A855
                    Block construction: Cast iron, closed deck, split crankcase
                    Bore x stroke: 87.5mm x 101.0mm
                    Displacement: 2,429cc
                    Compression ratio: 8.1:1
                    Bore spacing: 96mm
                    Deck height: 238.14mm
                    Pistons: Cast by Mahle, eutectic aluminum alloy
                    Connecting rod design: Forged, cracked caps, threaded-in 9mm rod bolts
                    Connecting rod length: 151mm
                    Rod/stroke ratio: 1.50:1
                    Crank design: Cast high-hardness steel
                    Main bearing diameter: 60mm
                    Rod bearing diameter: 50mm

Cylinder Head
                    Head construction: Cast aluminum
                    Combustion chamber design: 48-degree pent-roof with partial cloverleaf between intake valves
                    Valvetrain: Hydraulically adjusted rocker arm with roller cam followers
                    Intake valve size: 34.80mm (Silchrome-1)
                    Exhaust valve size: 28.45mm (Inconel)
                    Intake valve angle: 24.46 degrees
                    Exhaust valve angle: 23.5 degrees

The SRT-4 uses the same block and head as the turbo PT Cruiser however the intake manifold, turbo plumbing and intercooler are different. The intercooler is a front mounted cast aluminum 8-row unit produced by Valeo. The turbocharger is a reverse rotation Mitsubishi TD04LR-16Gk with a 6cm2 turbine inlet. Tight packaging forced some creative thinking on the turbo. The TD04 compressor has a compressor bypass valve built right into the compressor housing. The exhaust manifold and turbine housing are cast in one piece by Mitsubishi from high-nickel Ni-Resist steel. The one-piece design improves flow, reduces size and reduces thermal mass for quicker cat light-off. The turbine discharge is also part of the manifold/turbine housing casting, and it loops back around and hits the manifold again on its way to the catalytic converter. Where they meet, there's a wastegate valve. Keeping the wastegate valve away from the turbine housing improves flow where it matters most. Maximum boost in stock form is around 14 psi. This translates to 215 hp @ 5400 rpm and 245 lb-ft torque @ 2000rpm at the flywheel. Dodge under estimated these power figures as it has been proven on many occasions that these numbers are usually seen at the wheels.

And I disagree not everything has been done and civics and tegs and cb7s are not the same cars! so dont say its all been done! I love my cb7 and think it worth my time way more so than a civic or teg! There are not nearly as amny parts for the f22a that there are for b16's or b18's not to mention the d15 etc. And we have a few good swaps but that again is the whole point its the wtf factor! I am going to make my cb7 run high 13's and with an f22a! Turbo of course! Whatever!
                    Last edited by westsideaccord; 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM.

WaC!

Comment

this is like every other "let's put a jet engine in" thread.......it's 100% possible....fuck, you can put 2 engines in there, that's possible.......it's ONLY about how much time and money you have........this would be a $20,000+ project to do it RIGHT and make it 100% LEGAL and even then, it may not feel like it should, or it may cause other issues, or you may have to do without a/c or p/s or whatever else.......

would it be worth it? why fuck no............yeah it's different but if i chopped off my fingers and replaced them with 16 penny nails, that would be different too.....
                      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

well if you wanna get all shit talky then go for it. it was just an idea. i was just curious of how possible it was. if i do EVER do it, it will be in a 2nd cb7.. im not doin it to the one i own... it would NOT be street legal.

i know its cheaper to do other things. i probably will never do this ok guys. i was just wantin to know how possible it was. ive just been around srt-4s a lot lately cuz of my coworker and his friends, im building a custom center console for his srt right now. i know it will be expensive as shit. i probably will never do this ok. i have been planning on an h22 in my 2nd cb7 once i find one in decent condition and i have some extra $$$. im building my f22a6 that i have now after i finish my interior, seats, carpeting, audio system and custom work in the trunk, then i gotta drop this shit and get my rims powdercoated black. so dont hate ok. i do have realistic plans for my cars. but im a thinker and if i have a question i dont hesistate to ask. thanks again for all the help guys

peace

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                          The srt-4 does not use the 4g63 block the 4g63 is an 2.0 litre block and the srt well:
                          Liberated from srtforums.com!
                          Engine block
                          Engine code: A855
                          Block construction: Cast iron, closed deck, split crankcase
                          Bore x stroke: 87.5mm x 101.0mm
                          Displacement: 2,429cc
                          Compression ratio: 8.1:1
                          Bore spacing: 96mm
                          Deck height: 238.14mm
                          Pistons: Cast by Mahle, eutectic aluminum alloy
                          Connecting rod design: Forged, cracked caps, threaded-in 9mm rod bolts
                          Connecting rod length: 151mm
                          Rod/stroke ratio: 1.50:1
                          Crank design: Cast high-hardness steel
                          Main bearing diameter: 60mm
                          Rod bearing diameter: 50mm

Cylinder Head
                          Head construction: Cast aluminum
                          Combustion chamber design: 48-degree pent-roof with partial cloverleaf between intake valves
                          Valvetrain: Hydraulically adjusted rocker arm with roller cam followers
                          Intake valve size: 34.80mm (Silchrome-1)
                          Exhaust valve size: 28.45mm (Inconel)
                          Intake valve angle: 24.46 degrees
                          Exhaust valve angle: 23.5 degrees

The SRT-4 uses the same block and head as the turbo PT Cruiser however the intake manifold, turbo plumbing and intercooler are different. The intercooler is a front mounted cast aluminum 8-row unit produced by Valeo. The turbocharger is a reverse rotation Mitsubishi TD04LR-16Gk with a 6cm2 turbine inlet. Tight packaging forced some creative thinking on the turbo. The TD04 compressor has a compressor bypass valve built right into the compressor housing. The exhaust manifold and turbine housing are cast in one piece by Mitsubishi from high-nickel Ni-Resist steel. The one-piece design improves flow, reduces size and reduces thermal mass for quicker cat light-off. The turbine discharge is also part of the manifold/turbine housing casting, and it loops back around and hits the manifold again on its way to the catalytic converter. Where they meet, there's a wastegate valve. Keeping the wastegate valve away from the turbine housing improves flow where it matters most. Maximum boost in stock form is around 14 psi. This translates to 215 hp @ 5400 rpm and 245 lb-ft torque @ 2000rpm at the flywheel. Dodge under estimated these power figures as it has been proven on many occasions that these numbers are usually seen at the wheels.

And I disagree not everything has been done and civics and tegs and cb7s are not the same cars! so dont say its all been done! I love my cb7 and think it worth my time way more so than a civic or teg! There are not nearly as amny parts for the f22a that there are for b16's or b18's not to mention the d15 etc. And we have a few good swaps but that again is the whole point its the wtf factor! I am going to make my cb7 run high 13's and with an f22a! Turbo of course! Whatever!
                          Great you can read forums. As I have always said its the same 4g block but built up with stronger internals. I have 3 srt-4 and over a dozen 4g63 motors including the evo 8 and evo 9 motor. Every single one of them look exactly the same on the inside and outside expect the heads are reversed on some. And ever head works on every block. The srt-4 motor is a dsm motor with a stratus 2.4l crank. Hell with the heads off the motors and all of them sitting side by side, you can't tell whats evo, srt-4 or eclipse. They all look identical. The only thing different about the blocks are how they are built.

note: there are other differences suchs as cams and stuff but still.

edit: the 4g63 is a widely used motor between dodge mitsu and even hyundai. When you order cams for a srt-4,GT/PT cruiser, and eclipse, you get the same part number as the cams are the same. The blocks are alittle different but its still a dsm block as the stratus 2.4 crank will fit perfectly in any neon and eclipse block.
                          Last edited by koolkoreanked; 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                            this is like every other "let's put a jet engine in" thread.......it's 100% possible....fuck, you can put 2 engines in there, that's possible.......it's ONLY about how much time and money you have........this would be a $20,000+ project to do it RIGHT and make it 100% LEGAL and even then, it may not feel like it should, or it may cause other issues, or you may have to do without a/c or p/s or whatever else.......

would it be worth it? why fuck no............yeah it's different but if i chopped off my fingers and replaced them with 16 penny nails, that would be different too.....
                            i live in cali so making it legal would be impossible, i know i said that already but i just wanted you to know, we have to pass emissions out here. with just intake and exhaust on my cb7 i barely passed the exhaust portion. it sux living in cali and tryin to mod your car. cops hate us, even tho prolly 50% of the cars i work on are either cops or something related. they do just as much shit to their cars if not more becuase they can get away with it.

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

i wouldnt waste your time, the k24 seems more ideal.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X