Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! h22 dizzy gone bad!

Hey guys, need quick assistance!
    right now im on vacation down in south carolina. coming back from the beach my car started to do this really horrid bogging. eventually fixes itself, then kept doing it more and more. as i pull over because of the bogging, i popped the hood and heard some kind of grinding/scraping from the distributor. pop it off and notice a bit of scraping on the notches for the spark plugs, and the rotor having play in it. is it supposed to have play? please someone help!

as for a replacement or fix. what distributor do i have to use now?! its a jdm motor and being an internal, i cant use the usdm since thats external.

im going to try and use a civics dizzy out of pure dispuration. my brother, whom im visiting, has one from his recent swap. only problem is i doubt the wires are going to be the same.

Michalob's CB7

your dizzy shouldnt have play. same thing happened to me. i changed the dizzy the grinding noise went away and the motor ran better! hope this helps!
    hi

Comment

oh and another note. since your h22 is jdm and internal coil you can buy a dizzy off of distributor king. he is on ebay and honda-tech.com. hit him up im sure he got one for you!
      hi

Comment

u can use the usdm if u are desperate..ur bearing is toast.

just use the cap from the old one, pop in the coil pack..

should work.....
        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

anybody know if an accord distributor would work? or any such honda vehicle i could get at a junkyard? im really not in the mood to pay 200+ for a dizzy?

oh yeah. the civic dizzy ALMOST worked! the 3 holes didnt line up so close for a free fix. yeah the bearing is done for on the prelude dizzy. its grinds more than a lap dancer! too bad that wasnt a good thing.

ummm any idea if your able to change out the shaft? just a thought? cheap fix too! ehh prolly not though...

Michalob's CB7

Comment

ok ok, so heres what i found out. the prelude and civic distributors are the same. same stuff inside. ALL except the shaft. looks very similar but the contacts points and the degree of the rotor are offset. SOO close to getting a free fix. but for everyone to know. for any odd reason if you have a distributor laying around without the ignition and stuff, you can easy swap out the shafts. simple work.

but yeah, just ordered a distributor from advanced. have to wait a day and hope i can get the thing working.... thank god for vacation days...

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Working...
            X