TCU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU question

currently i hav a stock f22 auto tranny with a 98 usdm h22 motor, and a jdm 92-96 auto ECU... im planning to get a jdm 92-96 auto TCU, and im not sure if it will help this situation or not... sum ppl said with the h22 tcu, the car will actually shifts at 7000 rpm... and will the tcu lessen the chance of the tranny from dying becuz of the h22 motor ??

... i kno local wrecker that currently has this TCU, and im juss making sure before buying.

thanks in advance.

There are people running it I dunno how successful they are with it though. Dunno if the F22a trans can handle that abuse but I wouldnt know.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

... soo the h22 TCU will abuse the f22a tranny more ?? or help it ??

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by babyface
        ... soo the h22 TCU will abuse the f22a tranny more ?? or help it ??

thanks.
        YESSSSSSSS it will abuse it.
        H22 with F22 TCU=Accord shift points,better for your tranny
        H22 with H22 TCU=Prelude shift points,bad for your tranny
        I would keep the F22 TCU and just shift it manually when you wanna run it hard into VTEC, other than that I would leave it in D4.

Will's Accord

Comment

A prelude trans would be able to take the abuse since it was made for the h22a...Im saying stock f22a might not be able to take constant abuse. If I remember the MP1A is the auto LSD trans which is a good one. I would get one of those and they aint that expensive.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks guys for the help... is the MP1A auto lsd trans from an accord ?? wht year and car is this from ??

thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X