This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d16z6 in a cb7??

A friend of mine has offered me a d16z6, turbo kit with CRX si tranny,chipped ecu(p28 i think) and all that for let's say- cheap. Now does that thing have enough torque to move my baby fast enough to be considered fast? I was told the engine could lay down 250hp with a safe 10pounds of boost. What do you guys think of that swap and those numbers?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

That's blasphemy. The d16 doesn't even produce enought TORQUE to get your car rolling. Sorry to burst your bubble. This has been discussed many times. Stick with an H or F series motor if you want to go anywhere at all.
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
      A friend of mine has offered me a d16z6, turbo kit with CRX si tranny,chipped ecu(p28 i think) and all that for let's say- cheap. Now does that thing have enough torque to move my baby fast enough to be considered fast? I was told the engine could lay down 250hp with a safe 10pounds of boost. What do you guys think of that swap and those numbers?

Even if it did put out more torque than a stock F22a motor, just fabricating mounts would be a complete pain in the ass since there isn't any custom mounts available for this sort of swap (D series in CB chassis) I'm pretty sure there are other issues other than just the mounts but nonetheless don't do it unless u want to be different and have the time and $ to attempt something like it.

The weakest motor you can put into our CB7 that still has enough power to lug it around is a J-spec sohc F18a motor. This is a 1.8 liter F-series that had about 115hp.

The D16z6 really is a good motor just like a F22 and has lots of potential but lots of people throw them away for DOHC setups. It would be a sick motor to put into a EF -> EK chassis civic, but it would be a waste to drop into a heavy set accord.
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Can it produce enough torque? I know stock it's crap but any potential?

Comment

Also, would torque build up as fast as hp?

Comment

Torque and horsepower would be somewhat identical if you build the engine up enough. The hardest part would be to fabricate the mounts, which would be a pain in the wallet. Not saying you couldn't do it, just that it isn't practical to do. As said many times over, with enough money, you can do almost anything to a car.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Comment

You guys think the motor would do well in a 3rd gen? I know they weigh way less than a 4th gen

Comment

I believe that it would be more practical in a third gen, yes. I believe that this swap has been done in the 3rd gen, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

1989 Honda Accord LX Sedan MT 2500
                  1989 Honda Accord DX Sedan MT 2595
                  1989 Honda Accord LXi Sedan MT 2685
                  1989 Honda Accord SEi Sedan MT 2718
                  I think these weight numbers are closer to civic's weight anyway. Oh and off topic but is the gearing the same for the 3rd gen 5 speeds as they are for the 4th gen?

Comment

Guys dont give me that TO LOW TORQUE bullshit... D16's are verry capable of getting an accord moving, there are plenty european accords running with a D16

http://www.marktplaza.nl/Honda-Accor...99-2290711.php

And those newer ones are even heavier than those light cb7's

The only difficult thing would be mounts and axles

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

w0rd.

I rode in phatdoughnuts d15 cb7, it fucking rips.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Imho its not worth the trouble. My 96 civic weighs 2420 lbs...oh yeah its a 4dr. The hp & tq from a z6 is prolly 127 hp & 1XXtq cant remember the tq. A H23 puts out 160 hp & 148 tq. A F22/F23 (sohc) still puts out more hp & tq than a z6. The H/F series puts out the highest tq's over D & B series engines.

So why spend $$$ on a z6? I'm assuming u have a 91 ex so that means you weigh in about 2888 lbs. Yeah some ppl do it, but is it really worth it? So if u have $$$ to burn then go ahead an tell me how it feels. I'm interested to know the out come.
                        Last edited by Ant; 09-08-2006, 11:33 AM.
                        Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Wow, what a fuckin' awesome idea.

I'm gonna go buy a school bus and swap in a little 2-stroker off a weedwhacker. Sweet.

cha-ching

Comment

whatever.. i dont say it is the way to go, but i do know that a D16 will work.

Way to much trouble swapping one in, thats true

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                            For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord
                              whatever.. i dont say it is the way to go, but i do know that a D16 will work.

Way to much trouble swapping one in, thats true
                              I'm not saying it wont work. But is it worth the trouble??No. Prolly for the amount of $$$ that is spend doing that could've just swapped in a H22.
                              Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Working...
                              X