Belt squeal when car has cooled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt squeal when car has cooled

When I start my car in the morning it squeals like someone is ripping your balls off. It started not to long after my swap (h22 swap) (the place were they did my swap said it was the alt, I dont believe them). today I had a chance to check under the car found out i think why it squeals. I have the prelude crank pulley well everything else is for an accord.
    I did some search to see how to fix this and before i touch something I wanna get your guys option. If i get a set of unorthodox pulley set will that fix my problem. My secound question is which set do i get. I have EX so i have the bells and whitles and I want to keep them.
    http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/
    Code: 040600202
    Code: 040600402
    Here are the two belt systems I looked up and still, I am confused.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

I had the same problem and it was because the belt was loose.

1992 Accord EX version 1.0 before
    1992 Accord EX RHD version 2.0 after
    right hand drive conversion

Comment

The pulley is not going to cause a belt to squeel. The tension is what does it. Just tighten it a bit, then start it, if it still squeels tighten some more, then repeat until squeal is gone.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        The pulley is not going to cause a belt to squeel. The tension is what does it. Just tighten it a bit, then start it, if it still squeels tighten some more, then repeat until squeal is gone.
        What can I do if say eveyother week I have to do this? Would some lock tight work well?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Working...
        X