info about f20b vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info about f20b vtec

Some questions I have about the jdm f20B dohc vtec.
    Will the h22 p/s assembly fit to it?(pump, bracket etc.)
    What kind of wiring will i have to do besides the vtec, and probably the knock sensor i'm thinking?
    Will the h22 timing belt and waterpump fit on this motor?/If not where can I get these parts from?
    i read that the h/f series trans. will bolt up to this motor as well is this true?
    And the h22 exhaust manifold will also fit this motor?
    And anyone know anything about where I could get a clutch and flywheel for that motor or will the h22's flywheel fit as well?
    Thanks alot ahead of time

I really haven't been able to find much info on this motor at all, justa small parargraph here and there about specs or things like that.
    Only reason I am asking this is I'm thinking about this motor for a project later after i get out of school. Possibly that motor in a coupe.
    thanks again
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30012
    ^^^^this motor if someone doesn't know what i'm talkin about

Comment

so you wnat a f20 instead of an h22
      or have an f20 and want an h22.

i would stick with the h22 m8
      uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Its an OBD2 motor so an OBD2-OBD1 conversion is in order. Yes F trans will bolt on, Parts from the h22 should be interchangeable with this motor all it is is a destroked h22a. Wiring is similar to the h22a other than the obd conversion crap. The h22a is the easy way out. Plus it has more torque (h22).

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im gona stick my head out and say wiring IS the same, all you need is obd1 h22 injectors your f22a fuel rail and an obd1 distributor, etheir an external h23 one or jdm h22 internal one, which ever makes your life easyer and matches your current f22 one.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

make sure you get at least an H22 tranny. thats a VERY peaky motor, and needs as close a ratio gearing as you can get

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              im gona stick my head out and say wiring IS the same, all you need is obd1 h22 injectors your f22a fuel rail and an obd1 distributor, etheir an external h23 one or jdm h22 internal one, which ever makes your life easyer and matches your current f22 one.
              Or if you cant find a set I think you have to hack into the injector wiring and crap or thats just what I think.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alright thanks alot to everyone. I'm assuming that since the h22 parts are interchangeable that the h22 p/s pump assembly(brackets pump etc.), and timing belt and water pump will also fit on this motor. FYI: Yes I know it is a destroked h22 and the h22 has more torque, i am planning on doing this swap for a coupe i've been looking at, and I wanted somethin alittle different, that is gonna stand out a little more. Since I am planning on leaving this motor pretty much stock to use as a daily driver.(<<we'll see how long that lasts lol)
                thanks again for the info

Comment

For a "different" stock daily driver, I'd rather go with an H23 VTEC

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    For a "different" stock daily driver, I'd rather go with an H23 VTEC
                    Tempting tempting nothing is locked up yet so i can always change up thats why i'm asking trying to get info on some less seen motors

Comment

f20b
                      Blue

F20B
                      Accord/Troneo Sir and Sir-T (CF4) (JDM)
                      197hp@7200/145tq@6600
                      notes: (ported head and type-s cams(12.1, 11.2 lift), 2.0L block 11:1cr 85mm pistons
                      Tranny code T2T4
                      1-3.285
                      2-1.956
                      3-1.344
                      4-1.034
                      5-0.870
                      F-4.266 (yes same ratios as a stock 5th gen)
                      LSD
                      which car it came from

lower torque than a h22 basically weaksauce so sad so this is happens when you destroke the motor. youll have more rev range but no downlow how low

This ones for deever h23vtec correct which car it came from

it also has a bluetop valvecover same as a h22

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        f20b
                        Blue

F20B
                        Accord/Troneo Sir and Sir-T (CF4) (JDM)
                        197hp@7200/145tq@6600
                        notes: (ported head and type-s cams(12.1, 11.2 lift), 2.0L block 11:1cr 85mm pistons
                        Tranny code T2T4
                        1-3.285
                        2-1.956
                        3-1.344
                        4-1.034
                        5-0.870
                        F-4.266 (yes same ratios as a stock 5th gen)
                        LSD
                        which car it came from

lower torque than a h22 basically weaksauce so sad so this is happens when you destroke the motor. youll have more rev range but no downlow how low

This ones for deever h23vtec correct which car it came from

it also has a bluetop valvecover same as a h22
                        Who cares if it has no torque, our cars weight about the same as those 6th gens. Plus how much torque does the F series have? seriously quit mad dogging.

same valve cover as h22? you mean f20b?
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

nope phat some of the h23s come in h22 black valvecovers aside from the f20b

Comment

F20B always came in blue and I think H23VTEC was also a blue VC never seen a black VC on any of them.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              F20B always came in blue and I think H23VTEC was also a blue VC never seen a black VC on any of them.
                              trust me some came in black that blue valvecover you see is an option ive seen them chop it out of one while i was at the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X