Finally after piecing it together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally after piecing it together

Ok guys i have finally acquired all the parts to do the JDM f22b head swap. I figured i would make a thread about it.
    The swap starts friday night and will end whenever we are done. I will soon post pics of all the parts and process but for now just information.

Parts I acquired:
    f22b complete head rebuilt, and machine shopped
    f22b intake mani
    95 gsr timing belt
    h23 timing gear and backing plate
    h23 head struds
    h23 external distributer
    1 gallon of oil
    1 oil filter
    some coolant
    head gasket kit(which contains all gaskets require for swap)
    1 can of sea foam
    1 can of copper sealant for head gasket
    h23 ngk spark plugs
    450cc injectors still debating wether to put them in or not

Thats all i can think of right now but i know there is more, i will take pics of everything either tonight or tomorrow
    Pics of the process soon to come

Thanks to everyone who helped me obtain my parts for this swap
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

why would you run 450's w a stock engine?

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

unless you're gona tune, dont use the 450's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

setting up for turbo and yes i am tuning
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

woot, can't wait to do all the dirty work while you and antoine stay clean. j/k

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

... It Lives....

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerType
              ... It Lives....
              LMAO, so I hear.

Comment

yep guys it cranked up on the first try pics will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning...... dont have the f22b mani on yet cause i need an h23 tb for it but the head is on and it is running good, except a couple of things which i will bring up...

Ok gauges bounce when ever i hit the brake. i checked all the plugs and they are good, also the temp gauge jumpes around one minute i will be on fire next i will be perfect what could be the problem? again pics tonight
                ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                  yep guys it cranked up on the first try pics will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning...... dont have the f22b mani on yet cause i need an h23 tb for it but the head is on and it is running good, except a couple of things which i will bring up...

Ok gauges bounce when ever i hit the brake. i checked all the plugs and they are good, also the temp gauge jumpes around one minute i will be on fire next i will be perfect what could be the problem? again pics tonight
                  So you don't have the intake manifold bolted on the car, yet you started the engine up?? Clarify...
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    So you don't have the intake manifold bolted on the car, yet you started the engine up?? Clarify...
                    He means that he doesn't have the manifold he will ultimately be using on yet.

Comment

for the temp gauge, check for a 1 wire plug on the head, right under the dizzy or to the left of the thermostat housing(still under dizzy). clean it up and put it on well.

check for any vac leaks. sounds like you got one somewhere on the brake booster line.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Right on Grumps .. I wanna see this beast on Saturday ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i meant that i have the a4 intake mani on it right now but i wanted my f22b dohc intake mani on it but i need an h23 tb for it since the one i had has a broken sensor on it.

as for the overheating i believe it is due to the fans not turning on, i checked it earlier today and they are not turning on, i am going to check the relays, and fuses.

But i also noticed, that i lose a little power, like the gauges do a dip whenever i hit the brakes, it drops from 2 grand down to 700 rpms then back up to 1500rpms(when i am hitting the brake)
                          Last edited by MRX; 10-11-2006, 10:18 AM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                          X