X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap F20B piston on f22b jdm

hi

i am able to get a set of F20B piston that is hard as hell to find

now the question a would like to know is that , can i do this swap without any other modification? do i need to get f20b rod?

ive been looking at the spec and cant really get a final cnclusion

F20B , F22b bore = 85

F20b stroke = 88
    F22B stroke = 95

can someone explain me what a stroke is by the same time

my motor is alreay part out , and im waiting for this to buy them so that i could rebuild it

thanks

Comment

you might as well sell that f20b piston to an f20b owner.

the f20b is a race tuned motor hence why its a destroked h22 for regulations. this is probably why you had a hard time finding those pistons. its hard enough to find/buy a head gasket for that motor.

you looking at putting a higher compression piston that came from a smaller displacement engine onto a block that has a bigger displacement.

not worth it imo.

The stroke length is determined by the cranks on the crankshaft. Stroke can also refer to the distance the piston travels; for example, the phrase "This engine has a four inch stroke" means that on each stroke, the piston travels four inches. Bore is the diameter of the cylinder, which means that bore times stroke equals displacement.

In a pistonless rotary engine, the term is applied to the corresponding rotor movement,
      Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 10-13-2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

which f20b there is a vtec and non vtec. The non vtec is the same piston as the f22b

Comment

F20A (dohc) and F20B (sohc)---4th/5th gen accord

1997cc
          F20A DOHC non-VTEC--obd I/F20B SOHC non-VTEC--obd II
          150hp/6100rpm
          137tq/5000rpm
          6400rpm redline
          9.5:1 compression ratio
          85.0mm bore x 88.0mm stroke
          closed deck and no LSD

These motors are similar in size to the F20B DOHC VTEC motor, but that comparison stops there. While the twin cam F20B is a destroked h22a, the single cam F20B and twin cam f20a are much more similar to the USDM f22's in our accords. They were designed to make more power/torque a little lower in the powerband while remaining simple in design and modest in potential in stock form. They run higher compression pistons than do our f22's, but the single cam f20b has a head similar to 94+ USDM f22b non-vtec while the f20a has a twin cam head similar to our h23 from the preludes. These motors are usually much easier to obtain and much cheaper, but aren't much of a step up from the motors already in there.

PROS: cheap, simple, easy to find and easy to install.

CONS: when compared to an f22a6 from an accord ex, you don't see much of an improvement, not to mention that they run higher compression to make slightly more power while making less torque and being a bit harder to put boost or nitrous on.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2

you looking at putting a higher compression piston that came from a smaller displacement engine onto a block that has a bigger displacement.

not worth it imo.

i was told that the compression height of the f22b2 piston is 30.55 and that the f20b piston is 31mm

so basicly they are almost the same , no?

what if i take the f20b rod aswell?

so from what i can understand from what your saying i would loose power instead of getting a gain?

Comment

http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

here is the real question yes the f20a dohc non-vtec is 9.5:1 and the f22a is 8.8:1 the stroke of the f20a is 88mm and the stroke of the f22 is 95mm that is a 7mm difference. the f20a @ 88mm stroke is 9.5:1. will it even clear the valves at 95mm stroke then you have to take into account how much of a difference in the combustion chambers on the two and even the valve releases on the pistons and the wrist pin size. there is alot more to take into consideration than just hey they're the same bore so it might work. and the 11.0:1's out of the f20b dohc would be even worse.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

back from the dead.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Ok so hold on a minute. What if i put a f22a6 head on a f20a bottom end. Will this work and what kind of out comes would i come up with?
                    vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

you'd have the same engine....

To the OP, you'd have to measure the compression height on the f20 piston to know if it would fit without any problems. You might have some pin fitting issues, depending on what type of pins the f20b uses.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

trial and error buddy and tell us how it goes. hehh j/k
                        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

back from the dead 2nd time

Ok I have been reading a few threads on this topic. I have in rout to me a f20b crank pistons and rods that I got for 100 bucks from my friend who is parting out his f20b engine.
                          Now I wanted to de-stroke my f22 block for more rev ability to take advantage of my h22 head swap. Basically turning my f22a into a f20 engine for a fraction of the price. I know how you guys are about talking about the h22 head swap. I'm just looking for a little insight on this topic...I know I'm gonna hear "it's not worth it" ect. ect. but I'm looking for positive answers not negative ones.

Thanx in advance
                          -Ryan
                          R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
                          There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

there the same piston as the single cam just differnt compression.... had them in my single cam just use the stock rods and pins............

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                              there the same piston as the single cam just differnt compression.... had them in my single cam just use the stock rods and pins............
                              Well this is the thing i will be useing the f20b crank and its 55mm unlike the 50mm my f22 crank is. So i cant use my f22 rods with this f20b crank. Now my big snag is the pistons will stick out of the hole by 0.20in so will the pistons hit my valves? ? Im useing a h22a4 jhead on a f22a block
                              R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
                              There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X