F22B2 into 90 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B2 into 90 Accord

alright here is the deal. I currently have a 1990 Accord lx 5-speed, and i have a F22B2 out of a 1994 Accord lx. I am getting ready to do my swap, and so far there is one thing i need help on.

The problem I am having is that on my motor(F22A1) the intake manifold has 3 vaccum hoses that connect to the manifold on the far left side right next to the throttle body. One the F22B2 it doesn't have this, but it does have 5 vaccum hose attachment points on the end of the right side of the manifold. I need to know wether or not any of my hoses can go there, and if not where do they go? Also if anyone knows what else is different about the two motors that would help make my swap easier PLEASE let me know, i want to do this right, and I want to do it quickly.

thanks

hey thanks for the info, i figured i might have to just mess around with it a litlle to figure it out, but i still want to be sure that i donn't plug the hoses in the wrong spots(I don't even know if it matters though), and i know it isn't a common swap but i got the motor and a whole bunch of other parts really cheap, so i couldn't pass it up

Comment

hey thanks a ton for the info, the only other question i have is about the compenents that are attached to the manifold, such as the iac valve, fast idle thermo valve, starting valve, etc. From what i am looking at right now, most of theses are in different locations on the f22b, and the one that is troubling me is the iac(idle air control) valve, on the f22a1 it is on the front of the manifold, and on the f22b2 it is on the back, and the wire that pluge into the sensor looks as if it won't reach the iac valve on the f22b2, i was looking at it and i might be able to move the wire around some things to get back there but i don't know for sure

Comment

I see, i know these are dumb questions, but i just want to double check so that i know what i am getting into.
        I also have another somewhat related thing. Since my f22b2 is off an lx it has the 4-2-1 header with a single inlet/outlet downpipe, and my current motor has the same i know that i can get a down pipe off a 90-93 lx and it will fit, but i can't find one anywhere at all, and i need one ban b/c right now my flex pipe section is completely gone, and i have a flexible metal tube in there right now, but i am getting sick of the hissing sound, as well as the nasty smell, and if u think this should go in another forum please put it there, i am a noob, so i'm just getting the hang of things

Comment

ok thanks for the info.

Comment

I had an F22B1 in my 1992 LX before. I have a Reactive 4-2-1 header with the custom work to fit it into a fourth gen already done along with a Bomz high flow cat all welded up. If your intrested in it let me know it fits your engine just fine as the exhaust ports line up the same as the B1's. I'm asking $200 shipped and that's a hell of a deal considering the cost of the header, cat, and custom work.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Working...
            X