5spd Trannys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5spd Trannys

im planning on doing a 5spd swap soon on my 98 h22a4 motor... rite now i hav the auto f22 tranny...

... i wus wondering will accord 5spd trannys work with this motor and no problems will occur? if so, which model and year accords shuld i be looking at? which ecu should i be running?

... the reason im pondering about this, is that will the accord 5spd be cheaper than the h22 5spd's? ive noticed that shawn.hayden's accord is running a 96 accord ex 5spd.

any suggestions will be appreciated
    thanks.

any f series 5 speed tranny will bolt up to the h22, except for the s2000 tranny cause thats rwd, i am using a 91 accord tranny on my h22, but plan to buy and h22 tranny in the future
    Members Ride

Comment

you will fall out of vtec when shifting from 1st to 2nd with an accord tranny. If I were you Id hold out for a h22 transmission.
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
        you will fall out of vtec when shifting from 1st to 2nd with an accord tranny. If I were you Id hold out for a h22 transmission.
        this is so true, but if you can like said above, wait for the h22 tranny or h23, i just threw mine on cause i was short on cash,
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by babyface
          im planning on doing a 5spd swap soon on my 98 h22a4 motor... rite now i hav the auto f22 tranny...

... i wus wondering will accord 5spd trannys work with this motor and no problems will occur? if so, which model and year accords shuld i be looking at? which ecu should i be running?

... the reason im pondering about this, is that will the accord 5spd be cheaper than the h22 5spd's? ive noticed that shawn.hayden's accord is running a 96 accord ex 5spd.

any suggestions will be appreciated
          thanks.
          which model cb7 do you have?

if its ex, you're in luck. It's the easiest and least amount of work.

Either way, try your hardest to get an EX tranny, or a tranny out of the 5th gens. Then, get the tranny mount from the 5th gens.

For the EX tranny, you will need to only use the 5th gen mount and drill and tap new holes on the EX tranny.

If you have an LX tranny, you will need to take off your stock tranny mount and bracket, and weld on an EX bracket and use the EX mount.

Please correct anything I have said Mike, as I'm only going off what I remember from talking to you.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
            any f series 5 speed tranny will bolt up to the h22, except for the s2000 tranny cause thats rwd, i am using a 91 accord tranny on my h22, but plan to buy and h22 tranny in the future
            This is true..... My h22 has a 91 F series tranny..... i was going to go turbo so i keep it in for the longer gears..... The H series tranny has a shorter gear ratio..... If i were you i would get an H series with LSD.... That is what i am going 2 do mid Jan....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

y not just get a auto h22 tranny? it seems like converting to 5 speed is a hastle. But hey go for it each got his own taste.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                this is so true, but if you can like said above, wait for the h22 tranny or h23, i just threw mine on cause i was short on cash,

yea, im also thnking about getting the h23 too, i see this local guy selling it as well, but is this better than a h23?

... im looking for the best tranny for the best gain and performance out of it. And it also reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  which model cb7 do you have?

if its ex, you're in luck. It's the easiest and least amount of work.

Either way, try your hardest to get an EX tranny, or a tranny out of the 5th gens. Then, get the tranny mount from the 5th gens.

For the EX tranny, you will need to only use the 5th gen mount and drill and tap new holes on the EX tranny.

If you have an LX tranny, you will need to take off your stock tranny mount and bracket, and weld on an EX bracket and use the EX mount.

Please correct anything I have said Mike, as I'm only going off what I remember from talking to you.

yea, i hav a 1992 accord EX cb7

... i mite juss get a 5th gen accord 5spd tranny only if the price is rite tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo92EX
                    y not just get a auto h22 tranny? it seems like converting to 5 speed is a hastle. But hey go for it each got his own taste.

yea, im juss looking for a 5spd... auto is too slow.

Comment

an auto h22 tranny is capable of hanging with a 5 speed h22. ask deev, he'll tell you that. also, there are numerous videos of auto h22's chirping 2nd around here. i've even seen a video on streetfire.net..an auto h22 accord beats a 5MT h22 prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        an auto h22 tranny is capable of hanging with a 5 speed h22. ask deev, he'll tell you that. also, there are numerous videos of auto h22's chirping 2nd around here. i've even seen a video on streetfire.net..an auto h22 accord beats a 5MT h22 prelude.

mayb i shuld consider it...

... but still looking for a tranny that has the best gain, reliability, and performance.

my possible choices are so far: the h22 5spd, h23 5spd, 5th gen accord 5spd, and the jdm auto h22.

Comment

The H22 LSD Auto tranny is no slouch. Its pretty short and aggresively geared.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                            The H22 LSD Auto tranny is no slouch. Its pretty short and aggresively geared.

will i run into any problems with the auto tranny? i've heard honda auto trannys breaks down pretty quickly. if they are reliable and is a good tranny, i mite juss look for one.

Comment

Originally posted by babyface
                              will i run into any problems with the auto tranny? i've heard honda auto trannys breaks down pretty quickly. if they are reliable and is a good tranny, i mite juss look for one.
                              99.9999% of the time, its owner negligence/abuse/destruction. The H22 Auto tranny is made fot the H22, why wouldn't it handle it?

Comment

Working...
                              X