My h22 isn't startin up..need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My h22 isn't startin up..need help

just finished up the wiring and pluggin up the ecu, go try to start her up and its just turning over. Its gettin fuel and its sparking but i dont see y it wont start up what could be the problem?

fuel+spark+compression=running motor.... check the timing belt.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

dont think its the timing cuz theres frequent sparking and it starts up with quick start but it doesn't stay on

Comment

weird, I would still check the timing belt again if you changed it. it sounds like its a few teeth off.

Comment

As mentioned timing, firing order...check it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im still confused..i thought if the timing was off that it wouldn't crank up at all
            Last edited by DatFlyBoy; 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DatFlyBoy
              dont think its the timing cuz theres frequent sparking and it starts up with quick start but it doesn't stay on
              If it starts with quick start and doesn't by itself then you're not getting fuel.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

the shop that swapped my first h22a into my 92 lude si had this same encounter. the internal coil dizzy was bad, so i used my old external coil dizzy and coil and it fired up immediately.just my experience. good luck bro.
                hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

fuel is gettin to the rail and regulator, i took the rail off and cleaned the injectors, might need new o-rings cuz 2 of them seemed a lil worn out didn't look too serious but that could be a problem not sure. took all the plugs off and 1 plug had a lil fuel on it, idk this is frustrating when u doin it all by urself

Comment

It just sounds like the timing belt was put on wrong when I say "off". Like its on the gears, but not positioned right. Also like nail05 said, check firing order. If you search, you should be able to find the right order.

Comment

Timing belt misaligned but close to setting will run but run like shit...or it will turn over for a couple of seconds and turn off. Firing order is about the same thing except your car backfires, or runs really shitty.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

idk if the firing orders wrong, i didn't change any of the wires around or anything..but i will do the timing over

Comment

btw, what part of NY are you from?

Comment

long island

Comment

I was gonna say I'll come take a look at it, but I'm almost 2 hours from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X