h22a with 4 wheel steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a with 4 wheel steering

K wanna swap a h22a in my 94 prelude with 4 wheel steering but have heard that i need a special ecu to run the 4 wheel steering!!! any thoughts would b great!!!!!

the 4 whell steering comes i belive in the 01 preludes
    let me tell ya something, anything is possible with the right tools, time, and money
    lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
    "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
    check out my mr thread
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

this thing has it. 94 prelude with h23 and 4 wheel steering. behind the passenger seat there is a controller for it looks like a big amp..and wnt the h22 in it but was told it wouldn't work without special 4WS ecu or maybe i can wire it to the p13

Comment

If it has its own control box I wouldn't think it would matter. Check preludepower.com or something, I'm sure its been done.

Comment

Yep as mentioned check a prelude forum they should have more info. You also have to buy some other stuff cant think of any off the top of my head. But yea...There were 4gen ludes with 4ws. They just ran H23 instead of H22 as already mentioned. I dont know if its worth it though. YOu might be better off trying to buy a 4ws lude but yea.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmmm. i never hear of this. 4 wheel steering. Is this quadra steering or something. Now all wheel drive i know of. i guess you learn something new every day.
            91 Ex CB9
            JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
            p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
            Weight Reductions
            R33 or R34 front end

Comment

lol u remember just a few years ago GM pickups and suvs were usin em and they prolly felt superior, i dont think they knew japan beat em to it

Comment

The only problem I would see is that the rear wheel only points 5 to 10 degree's toward a turn or away at certain speeds or slow turns. Throwing in a new motor would make the speedo off since the new motor will go thru the gears faster. But in all honesty it would not hurt that much.
                WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

yes you will need a 4ws ECU. i've seen the p13 4ws. it has the word "4ws" on the ecu right next to the p13 writing, obvioiusly enough. steve at hmotorsonline.com almost gave me a 4ws ECU but he double checked and told me i needed a 2ws ECU. pretty simple but it's a rare ECU i believe.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by borisdookie7
                    lol u remember just a few years ago GM pickups and suvs were usin em and they prolly felt superior, i dont think they knew japan beat em to it

haha, i remember that. the commercials, they were all about the 4ws.

oh well. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
                      Throwing in a new motor would make the speedo off since the new motor will go thru the gears faster. But in all honesty it would not hurt that much.
                      Um. What? Youre uh..pretty wrong.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

when i worked at psi motorsports we worked on a 300zx TT that had 4wheel steering and it was a pain to fix and wasnt cheap so just a warning its not worth it i think
                        93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

get a hold of UK Accord and get him to ship u an entire 4 wheel steering system for the CB7 accords...that way it may just fit right in....

the prelude one im not too sure about.

or....u can get a CB7 shipped in from Germany (or any other LHD Euro country), they already have left hand drive and they had the 4WS system there I believe. this might actually be cheaper than all the labor and parts hunting to convert ur US Cb into 4WS..IMO
                          DEVOTE

Comment

the motor has nothing to do with the steering system, as 4ws only has a difference from the steering rack back.

if your car is already 4ws and youre swapping a different motor, yes youd need a 4ws ecu, but they shouldnt be too hard to find. they arent as common as the 2ws, but they pop up enough that youd be able to ask an importer for one specifically and they should be able to get one for you.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                            X