Swap Problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap Problems!!!

Sup all, did an H22 swap into a 90 4dr lx. Motor runs good, everything is in, But im having some issues with vtec. All the wiring is correct and all the wires have good connections. Im running a p28 chipped with a 'mugen' program. Here's whats up. First off the dizzy is kinda weird, makes a wining noise when the car is on, almost like the bearing inside the dizzy has gone bad or something, but it still works fine. So first gear vtec works, second gear vtec works, CEL comes on for no 02 sensor and no IACV (unplugged the iacv), then go to hit vtec in third..Nadda. So I double check the pins making sure they're in correct, check the ground and everything is fine. If you turn the car off for a second after you've hit vtec, then right back on, vtec works.. but only until the CEL comes on. You think this could be the dizzy or the ecu, maybe because of no 02 sensor? Im using a p28 with a mugen program and ive never ran into this kind of problem ever. Idk I just need some input on what I should do, I think its the dizzy, like some of the pickups inside are fucked up or something. Idk TIA guys. HELP ME!

Distributor is a bearing going out get another. As for the rest of your problems clear it or run someone with a known good ECU preferable a p13 or running p28 and see if that fixes it. IF that works then your tune for the p28 just sucks.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

could be, but the p28 was ran on my buddies hatchback that has a gsr swap worked fine in that. idk new dizzy on the way, hopefully comes tomorrow or next day. Then im gonna hookup the 02 and figure out where all the vaccum leaks are and hookup and clean the iacv. so the idle doesnt jump and shit

Comment

if your ecu is made to run a gsr, then you need to get a p13 or get a map on your chip that will run the h22. plug up your IACV. if you dont have a o2 sensor, then get one and hook it up.
        spin city

Comment

vtec wont work with a CEL on. fix all the other problems, and vtec will work again.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Should be getting a new dizzy today, and im hooking up the 02 today. The ecu chip is made for any dohc vtec with intake, header, exhaust. Ill also try a spare p13 i have sitting at home.

Comment

vtec bearings going out
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

riiight spun them all
                JUAN, Ill buy that tortise off you

Comment

Working...
                X