Swaps if money were no object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swaps if money were no object

read swap post but still have a questions. had a bit of luck kinda, sorta. okay i here goes i want to swap but i want the best swap and price isn't really a prob but i need to know how difficult the swap would be because i'm doing it and dont have any help. so please help.
    Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

If money is no object, buy an F22, they're cheap. Build it, and boost it.

Comment

What are you shooting for? Originality? Straight up power? Reliability?

You have as many options as you do dollars... People have put small block Chevy V8s into CB7s. Some things are easier, some are cheaper, some are more reliablie...

Here are some of your options as I see it:

If you want the most reliable power you can get, buy an H22 engine. In stock form, they put out about 200hp, which is nice. They're still stcok, so they will be as reliable as your current engine (or more so... as long as you get a quality one.) You can mod it from there. With an NA buildup, you can get about 220 whp for about $3500 more. With turbo, you'd have to build the hell out of that aluminum block... but you can get crazy power from it. I've read of 720hp street cars with H22s in em.

If you want straight up power, with a bit of a reliability sacrifice (depending on how well designed it is) Boost an F22. They're much cheaper than the H22, and can make nice power under boost.

If you want to be crazy, do LOTS of custom work and fit an S2000 motor in there... Convert to RWD, and have yourself a VERY interesting car! That would cost insane amounts of money though. Start with $5,000 for the swap itself, and triple that for custom work if you can't do it yourself. NOT a cheap way, but you'd be worshipped if you pulled it off. Not to mention that the CB7 is lighter than the S2k, so you'd be faster than a stock one Reliability MAY become an issue though. It always seems to with crazy custom work.

Finally, you could do a bit less custom work (but make an illegal move...) and drop an A20A engine from a 3G accord into there. It's illegal, since the motor is older than the car, but that only matters if someone looks The A20A engine is solid iron, and can take a beating. I'm buying a 3G simply because I'm intrigued by this engine! You can boost it safely to like 400hp with very little money. Under $5,000 would get you a powerful engine, turbo and all.

Comment

Drop a smallblock 350w.

Comment

I think you're confusing that for a Ford 351W.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

if money was not an option then i would put an sr20det twin turbo supra motor in prolly impossible swap i can dream tho lol
            H22a swap
            18 speaker audio system
            Tokico Illumina susp. kit
            Motegi FF5 17`s
            VIS racing CF Techno R spoiler

Comment

sr20det is a nissan motor, not toyota...
              Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

454 twin turbo
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

cough cough cough,,,, jdm f20a blck with a jdmh f20b head boosted built, euro r intake manifolded, and and type s valve cover to keep it true, yEA!!
                  -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                  -HYTECH Header-
                  -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

LS1 with RWD.....'nuff said.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

RB26DETT with the AWD transmission. No fuckin' questions asked!

Comment

I have SERIOUSLY been contemplating doing a 4wd Honda... I'm going to be building (well, have it built by professionals according to my wishes) a turbo 86 hatchback Accord... I would LOVE to find some way to mate a Subaru 4wd tranny to the A20A engine. There has to be a way! I mean, LOTS of custom fab work, obviously... But if I get a WRX or STi tranny, it should be able to handle the 400 or so hp that my engine will be making (unlike the crap Honda makes... CRV and Civic 4wd...)

If anyone has any ideas regarding this, let me know. I don't mean to jack the thread , but it seems like the proper time (and a GREAT project if money were no option). I may start my own thread on this idea...

Comment

i've been thinking about the s2000 swap and i was wondering why couldn't you change a cb7 into a rear wheel drive cause, i'm about to get the r32 golf which is all wheel drive and stick it into my b4 passat which is front wheel?? so can someone please explain why?? in detail.
                          Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

I'm still shaky on the details, but I believe you would have to modify the floor in the back to be able to mount the differential... You would also need to have a place for the driveshaft. There are no provisions for this stuff on the FWD chassis. It might be small, but it would still cause some trouble, and be a LOT of custom work... Which means either time consuming or expensive (or both)

Comment

Oh, of course.....the firewall and the floorboard would have to be completely removed and custom fabed......I'm gonna do it......someday.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X