acceleration lag problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acceleration lag problem

well, i'm slowly fixing all of the problems on this h22 (automatic)...

right now, i'm working on finding out why the motor sometimes (intermittent) lags when accelerating.

for instance... if i floor the accelerator pedal... the rpm don't shoot up... they just slowly climb.... 2k.... 3k...... 4k. and sometimes it'll kick down a gear, but not until 1-2 seconds after i floor it. and the other day, my motor just totally shut down on me while i was at a stop light.

this problem also seemed to become more prominent after the motor warmed up and was driven a bit.

but sometimes the motor runs fine... really strong... and i only have to step down like half a pedal to get it to downshift a gear.

i'm not sure what this could be... i was thinking o2 sensor... which i just replaced... not with a new one though.. or it could be some kinda EGR or fuel problem.

i'm not getting any check engine light either. any ideas of what could be wrong?

Misfire? When accelerating, does it sometimes do so irregularly...like you're going over a wave in the road?

I'd check timing and spark. What kind of management do you have for the engine, or just ECU?

Comment

Mine misfires... has been for a year. I'm guessing I didn't get new plugs when my engine was installed (I really regret not doing my own!). I feel that slight uneven feeling when I accelerate sometimes.

Steve, what injectors are you using? I'm assuming you went with the Accord fuel rail, but are you using the larger Prelude injectors with it?

Also, when you floor it completely, I've been told that you can bog down the engine a bit. Doing it gradually is often best... I feel less power when I floor it than when I accelerate gently (giving it as much gas as it needs, and no more).

I really don't know for sure what it could be, but those are the ideas that popped into my head.

Comment

Mine's misfiring, but I'll let you know if the cap/rotor replacement works tomorrow.

Comment

Pretty sure it's the knock sensor retarding the ignition. My recomendation to Steve is to run a shielded wire for the knock sensor or if that's not possible try to isolate the knock sensors wire as much as possible.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

hehe do u have gas in it?

lol spark plugs =)
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Is 93 octane at the least. Stop messin around and change that tranny to a 5-speed. Then get a quaife then check your injectors to make sure that they are 345cc's. Then check your timing

Comment

Hay Steve I kinda have the same problem, it feels slow climbing up 3,4,5k rpm then once i hit 6k it finally pulls hard when vtec kicks in. Did u find what the problem is yet? I was wondering if this was normal or not.

Comment

check the timing and he probbaly has a problem with his cause its an auto still right? get a fuel pressure regulator and see whats goin on. take your 17's off

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    take your 17's off
                    wtf do my wheels have to do with an intermittent acceleration lag problem?

anyways, right now i'm thinkin it has to do with the fuel supply (pump, injectors, etc.) or possibly the EGR system. I'm also thinkin' it's the o2 sensor. but i'm getting no CEL at all... that's what's making it so hard to diagnose the problem.

the only management i have for the motor is the p13 ecu slateboy. i am running the prelude injectors deevergote, but the f22 fuel rail. for awhile i was thinkin' maybe the injector plugs on the f22 wiring harness could be the problem. i used to have a similar lag/bog acceleration problem on my f22 too. it's not spark plugs, because i changed those. and it's not the simple fact that i have an automatic transmission and not a 5 speed, lol.

i changed the fuel filter though, and that wasn't it.

i guess it could be the timing. i don't know how it is set. would that cause an intermittent problem though? or a problem that is constant all of the time. b/c sometimes this motor runs very strong and there is no lag whatsoever.

and i guess it could be the knock sensor. is there a way to just disconnect that and have the ECU not look for it... other than buying a chipped p28 and shutting it off?

Comment

I think it's your knock sensor. Do you know anyone near you that you could barrow a chipped P28 from to test?

Do you have any way of checking how much fuel pressure you've got? Maybe your fuel pump is taking a dump and causeing the problem. I've seen that before.

Did you replace plugs, cap, rotor, and wires when you did your swap?

Is the problem only when the engine is cold, warm, anytime, etc?
                      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

no, i don't know anyone around here with a chipped p28. do you know anywhere i can buy one from for a decent price? lol

but... this problem happens more when the motor is warmed up.

i have replaced the cap, plugs... the wires looked fine... we checked to see if there was spark coming from each one... the rotor, i did not replace... the screw for taking it off was badly stripped... so i left it alone for now.

i do have a gauge for measuring fuel pressure... i should probably check that out later on...

Comment

save urself the trouble and trade me motors. mine is probably "betta than yours" =)

hope things work out for u, if not then you know who to call
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

its your knock sensor and ur 17's go with 16's and get a chipped p28

Comment

are u fucking kidding me sparkle?? wtf do his 17s have to do with a lag??? nothing at all.. shows how much u deserve your h22a

i agree with somethings that have been said

KS sensor

i dont wanna say go out and buy a p28.. but you had planned to do it anyway right?? so why not.. buy a p28 chip it.. and disable KS in uberdata.. and if it solves ur problem u know it was KS if u tune it and the problem continues move onto fuel if it continues move onto ignition..etc

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X