Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i remove the plate on the H22 girdle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i remove the plate on the H22 girdle???

it seems like it takes away from oil into the upper part of the block... i know its a protection plate, but can i take it out?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...13SF10_A06.gif

part #10.
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 05-03-2007, 10:17 PM.
    ]

part #10 in the pic you provided is the oil pan and drain plug. i would not recommend taking it off, as IT is for more than protection....

why take away something that honda designed to be there?? there is a reason why honda uses that....
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
      part #10 in the pic you provided is the oil pan and drain plug. i would not recommend taking it off, as IT is for more than protection....

why take away something that honda designed to be there?? there is a reason why honda uses that....

bahaha im a fucking idiot. i meant number 11.
      ]

Comment

it looks like a windage screen. If thats what it is i would leave it.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

i have heard someone else ask about taking that out of a b16, but a agree honda put it there for a reason, i cant see the real reason to remove it, i would leave it alone.

Comment

You take that off your definitely retarded. Its there to prevent the crank from sloshing the oil which causes it to bubbe up and crap. Its there for a reason leave it.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i guess, thier just isnt one on the d series so i didnt know.
              ]

Comment

WHY do you want to take this out?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                  WHY do you want to take this out?
                  it just looks like it blocks off oil to the thrust washers which went out on me.
                  ]

Comment

Working...
                  X