project beast frank motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project beast frank motor

Okay my uncle has has giving a spare motor out of a 91 ex accord that was a automatic and I stripping it down to a bare block and I plan on doing a H23 head swap and getting it bore .3mm and run arias h22 pistons and f22 rods with delta regrind 272 cams is this possible and what gains will I be getting out of it oh yea do u think ill b able to go turbo P.S. add anything that you think will help with this project Because I bet my uncle that I can beat his nova he's building for bracket racing and I plan on calling him out for a grude match to shut this chevy verus honda agrument we got going on hopefully i'll burn him with this project beast

Piss and moan again and you'll have time out in the corner Susan.

Go for it!!! I did the Frankenstein and its cool but since your doing the motor all out, even better

Comment

Good luck considering you can't bore the F22 sleeves out to 87mm safely.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

then what is the biggest pistons can i put in or what do i have to do to bore to 87mm

Comment

why do you want h22 pistons? arias make pistons for f22's...86mm bore.

if your uncle has any decent setup, if it can hook, it will smoke the shit out of any accord setup on the strip. sorry to say that but it is true.

anyways, you may be better off going turbo for more power. N/a just wont cut it on a drag unless you juice like whoa.

basically you want a bullet proof bottom end with coated everything because you want to elminate the heat. you'll make power with a good amount of headwork.

not to disappoint but take it to the twisties, you'll stand more of a chance.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

check out f22parts.com

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

so im better off with the f22 piston but i was tryingt oget a bigger displacement by boring but getting f22 rods for a peppy motor and my unc his only running a 350 geared for the 1/8 and i'm trying to get him in the 1/4

Comment

what type of f22 rods?
                I <3 G60.

Comment

scratch that im going to go with the bisimoto f22a spec 12:1 cr pistons with the h series retainers and seats but will they let me mix match with h series pistons with f series rods

Comment

who's they?

the wrist pin diameter are the same, why not stick with f22 rods and f22 pistons?
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

theres nothing wrong with boreing ur block to 87 mm if u wish ...its been done lots of times... ive seen h22 bored to 89 and 90mm and if you want to use f22 rods and cant find them at a resonable price just get h23 rods both r the same ....or why not just find u a closed deck h23 block have it sleeved and go from there .....the only advantage of the f block is the sleeves it has steel sleeves and the h series motors have fmr coated sleeves so if ur gonna build and u have to start from scratch just get an h23 block ,unless u just want the f22/h23 for the novelty of the frank motor and if thats the case h23 block h22 head........jus my 2 cents
                      F22A1:blew up
                      F22A1/H22:blew up
                      F22A6/H22: " "
                      F22A4/H22: " "
                      H23A1 boosted:blew up
                      H23A1:traded
                      H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                      FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

not to bag on your build or anything but what you're saying is comparable to a raft beating a speed boat in a mean set of rapids.
                        Originally posted by Bigsim05
                        ... and my unc his only running a 350 geared for the 1/8 and i'm trying to get him in the 1/4

Comment

Wed3k what i mean is will bisimoto let me mix match part h pistons and f rods but idk im starting to think that the f22a spec pistons with the 1mm over bore will be better

Minoreparations no i personally dont think he can beat me because he is shooting for 7's in the 1/8th and im trying to race him in the 1/4 so im hoping that he redlines bad before then im trying to get my car to run high 12's or low 13's in the 1/4

P.S. I'm shooting for 250- 275 whp all motor this going to be a track car as soon as i get another accord this just a starting plan planning on having the motor done by spring of next year
                          Last edited by Bigsim05; 10-05-2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

with the goal of 150+ all motor horsepower I would just get a long block built by Bisi.

Comment

if you are shooting for 300hp, id better wait and see if i can do it first

thats my goal with a G23 setup. im stilll not sure if im going to be running ITB's for that goal.

200hp can be done with the f22, worse comes worse you can always squeeze.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X