axle nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle nuts

well i have been trying to get these damn things off for about 2 weeks now and cant even get them to budge. i tried heating them up, using an extension, used some liquid wrench stuff. im out of ideas. anybody know anything that would help?

93 Accord Ex Sedan

My buddy (excoupe92)'s got the same problem. We soaked the balls out of it with PB Blaster...got a 1/2" ratchet with the 36mm socket...put a 4 foot extention on it...and I started jumping on it, and the drivers side finally freed. But we broke two 1/2" ratchets doing that...I definitely wouldn't advise you do that...nor jump on any tool for that matter. I'd PM him if you get them off, or are still stumped...cuz he's having the same problem

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Get a chizel and a hammer and beat the hell out of it thats the only to do it
      PETRA tow montebello

Comment

Just use the 36mm socket, DON'T use a break bar. Those things have only ever broken on me.

Use a craftsman 1/2" drive ratchet. if it gets fucked up, you get a free replacement.

Now, use the biggest cheater bar you can find. The bigger, the easier it will be.

With a 3 foot cheater bar, it took all my weight(~245lbs) and some jumping to break it loose.

With a 6 foot one, it took some good effort.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I have used a 18'' breaker bar with the socket and jumped on it several times. Never broken, always broke nuts loose.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Well This is what i had to do last weekend just to replace the drivers side lower ball joint. First i broke my 1/2 in ratchet trying to get it off. Then went back to auto zone and got a 18in 1/2 drive breaker bar and still nothing. So I proceeded to the hardware store and got me 3 foot of 3/4in black steel pipe slid that over the new 1/2 driver breaker bar and pop, came right off!

Edit- I did this in the auto zone parking lot too so i didn't have to rent the damn 36mm socket. haha.

Comment

Are you guys bending the little indention out before you try and break it loose?
              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                Are you guys bending the little indention out before you try and break it loose?
                lol people always overlook that. But i always have luck with breaker bars. come in handy especially when you have a 4 foot pole too. A couple jumps on it and your good

Comment

Sounds like they were overtorqued. Only supposed to be 186ftlbs.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

when I was doing my 5 speed swap, I couldn't find any pipe, so I used one of the legs from my engine hoist as a cheater. Basically a breaker bar and a long cheater pipe does the trick most of the time.

Comment

36mm wrench and a hammer...Oh and someone to press down the brake pedal Works for me everytime, and the bolt came loose after only a minute of constant banging

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

i used an impact gun on mine. axle nuts came off like butter

Comment

stepping on a breaker bar works for me too....try air tools if you cant do it any other way.
                          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

breaker bar and a fence pole!
                            Go go leverage!

Mine.
                            "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
                            "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                              a good enough impact gun will just shove that indentation to the side
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X