f22b1 swap problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 swap problems...

i just a 90 accord lx with a 95 f22b1 vtec swap, and im having a couple problems. first off, i dont have any power steering or cruise control, which is something i would expect to see when you swap a h22 into a civic or something but not an accord engine into an accord. they said something about the brackets not fitting or something but im not so sure about that. also, my car stops at like 5 grand and just rev's there, its really weird. i've never heard of this before, im wondering if its something to do with the vtec but the vtec is all wired up, they sent off my ecu with my wiring harness along with the vtec wiring harness and had that all wired together so it would work well, but it doesnt. AND....i need to put an air intake in there of some kind. it looks like the throttle body would only fit intakes of a 90-93 accord style but its a little tight getting that tube in there for a short ram. anybody ever done this before? need help fast, want to drive my car!

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

As far as PS you need to use your f22 bracket and pump and have a PS line made. take the PS end of the line and have it joined to the f22 line to go to the car.

and the reving i have no clue i do knwo it has nothign to do wiht your vtec.. your vtec activates by pressure build up. and the air intake.. take a short ram air intake from a f22 and use that thats what i used untill i went boost

Comment

Actually, the rpm bouncing at 5K rpms could be your ECU refusing to initiate VTEC. If there is not enough oil pressure, the vtec pressure solenoid will tell the ECU. If there's not enough oil pressure, then VTEC won't engage. Make sure your oil pan is not dented...the restriction on the oil pickup will cause low oil pressure.

Comment

Working...
      X