Skunk 2 Intake Manifold H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk 2 Intake Manifold H22

I got the last one from my local Apex Motorsports in AZ. $350 cash i will have it installed this weekend.

Yeah, ive heard about it. I guess they finally got arouond to releasing it. Get it Dynoed and let us know.

Comment

Very cool man Let us all know what you think of it and don't forget PIX
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

my shop got them in yesterday and they are awesome looking. i believe they are going to do very well. we had ordered 15 pieces and we have only one left. i have a couple of friends here in AZ that already have them on their cars and they said they can tell a difference. if you guys wanted to do a group buy i can probably get them for $300 a piece.
        www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Originally posted by krakakru21
          my shop got them in yesterday and they are awesome looking. i believe they are going to do very well. we had ordered 15 pieces and we have only one left. i have a couple of friends here in AZ that already have them on their cars and they said they can tell a difference. if you guys wanted to do a group buy i can probably get them for $300 a piece.
          you should post that in the classifides to let everyone know about it. there's alot of people here with h22a here (including me ). Post in a few more forums about the IM, I'm sure youll get >15 replies for it.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Yeah, if we could get a group buy and get it down to the 250-275 range, i would defenitaly be down to buy one.

Comment

let me talk to my boss and see what he says.
              www.rms-usa.com

Comment

250 is bellow cost, Plus Skunk2 won't let licensed distributors sell below they suggested price range.

Skunk2 made 250 IM's for the first run and they are ALL gone. Plus they are back ordered for the next two runs.

If you have access to these manifolds I would buy one now because in a month or two when they are all gone and the next batch isn't ready eyt they are going to start selling for $400+.

In a year or so they should be pretty cheap.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

why not just get a euro-r manifold. its oem so im sure its made of better quality. and isnt the skunk manifold basically a copy of the euro-r... and from what i was told the skunk manifold isnt carb exempt cause they had to move or get rid of something(dont remember what).

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    why not just get a euro-r manifold. its oem so im sure its made of better quality. and isnt the skunk manifold basically a copy of the euro-r... and from what i was told the skunk manifold isnt carb exempt cause they had to move or get rid of something(dont remember what).
                    Well the Skunk2 gets rid of the EGR. It's not for a Cali car. In any case the Skunk2 is awesome cause it's a direct bolt on. The Euro-R requires allot of work to make it bolt up and work. I already have a Euro-R but now I don't know what to do.

Here is a picture of the Euro-R next to the Skunk2 for the H22A. Courtesy of v4lu3s from HS.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

If i was you busted, i would just buy one.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                        Well the Skunk2 gets rid of the EGR. It's not for a Cali car. In any case the Skunk2 is awesome cause it's a direct bolt on. The Euro-R requires allot of work to make it bolt up and work. I already have a Euro-R but now I don't know what to do.
                        well you already have a euro-r, so if you decide to get a skunk2, lemme know how it turns out. and if you want to let it go, ill buy your euro-r.

Comment

I wanna see some dynoes of the shit before i buy anything. Cause theyve been promising that manifold for us and then threw us what seems to be bullshit. It looks like someone was in a rush and was like hmm we need more money throw something together and feet it to the sharks and let em eat it up.

Comment

so is $360 a good price for it?..coz the shop that may do my swap for me keeps telling me to get it

..whats so good about it anyways?? would a p&p job on the stock IM be just as good??
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=6594

Originally posted by 2point6
                              WHAT A LET DOWN.... I only spent 2 hrs on the Dyno to make less power. I made 234.9 whp and 175.3 tq. The fuel was good about 13.4ish and did not seem to make any difference what adjustments were made to the hondata. There were a few places the engine went lean over the euro r, but adding fuel only made minor changes... My conclusion is this: So far the manifold doesn't work well in my set-up either due to cam profile or some other factor. The engine is healthy, but I noticed it lost a lot right off the bat. It did. TQ was way down (below 3000 rpm) almost 20ftlbs. Fuel changes in this area were minor with little or no change reflecting on the dyno. Maybe more time spent could have yeilded more gains, but so far they are nowhere to be found.
                              Last edited by xScott; 08-13-2004, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X