K-series Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-series Swap

This kit allows you bolt in JDM or US K20A K-Series Engine into 92-96 Prelude. Made from 6061 T-6 Aluminum. Kit includes mounting hardware and instructions.

if a h22 can fit a CB chassis then this should work, right?

and they also have it for the CD chassis

Engine mount kit for the K-Series (with TSX or Accord Transmission) into the 94-97 Honda Accord.

if i had the money i would do it. but im happy right now with what i got

How much is the kit?
    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

I saw those the other day. Until they come out with with axles, a powersteering workaround, and a wiring harness I'm not gonna mess with it. It'd be sweet though.

Comment

both are undefined $649.00

Comment

Hasport is just about to come out with a CB chassis mount kit. There is a reason a k24 is going in 2.6's car.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
            Hasport is just about to come out with a CB chassis mount kit. There is a reason a k24 is going in 2.6's car.
            if Hasport will provide the full swap package, then I can see this swap taking off.
            DEVOTE

Comment

wow, thats impressive. and im glad that CB's are also seeming to be included in with the more recent 5th gen/lude aftermarket developments. i figured that 2point6 was probably the guinea pig. though im sure if a set of swap mounts are being offered by such a known name, pre-made axle solutions are sure to follow close behind. and for the K's doesnt the engine harness lead from the engine directly to the ECU? the entire thing can be put into the engine bay. with mounts, axles, and wiring out of the way... whats stopping this from catching on quick, besides price? this is exciting to see.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

very true mike. makes a wire tuck to become lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  exactly, i've talk to hasport through email in the past couple days and the cb kit will be coming out in a few weeks, what he said. he also said other kits was design for the chassis it was to go in. so other kits wont work for our chassis, i already ask that.
                  Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                  -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Why do people find the K series to be so...."awesome"?

I'm sure it'll die off just like the h22 craze did.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I don't see it as them being "awesome" per se, but more of that fact that H22's, while still common now, will become more and more difficult to source in the coming years, while the K-Series is beginning to grow in availability (wrecks and what-have-you), as well as a fresher and more active aftermarket.
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                        I don't see it as them being "awesome" per se, but more of that fact that H22's, while still common now, will become more and more difficult to source in the coming years, while the K-Series is beginning to grow in availability (wrecks and what-have-you), as well as a fresher and more active aftermarket.
                        I don't think the h22 will ever be hard to get. Maybe once we start flying around instead of driving.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                          I don't think the h22 will ever be hard to get. Maybe once we start flying around instead of driving.
                          It's more a factor of price and demand, where the price of the H22 will go up due to decreased availability, and the price of the K will go down to to increased availability. However, I don't exactly have a record of how many H22s were produced, so I can't possibly hope to predict when the two points would intersect on a timeline. It was more of a general theory.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i wonder how many ricer noobs will buy the a3. omg its a k20!!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

after seeing k series after k series getting smoked by n/a and turbo b series

im almost certain that the k series is super overrated..whos the idiot that said h22's will be less common in years to come? are you serious? h22's are everywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X