creaking noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creaking noises

hey guys, I just had a complete h22 motor & 5spd transmission swap done on my car and from time to time I hear creaking noises coming from I believe the right half of the engine bay.. I know that's a pretty vague description of what's going on, but it's the best I can do really.. the noises weren't too bad at first, but now it seems to happen all the time.. is it the motor mounts creaking perhaps? the sounds are most frequent when I hit the brakes.. usually at low speeds.. but it does creak when I take the odd corner.. or even accelerating from first gear.. my best guess is that something is rubbing or loose? If anyone has had this problem please help me out.. any suggestions would be great as well.. thanks

V-TAK FTW!!1!

could actually be the suspension needing some silicone lubercation.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

yea you got a camber kit becuase there know to squeek too
      cb7 sold
      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

I don't think it's suspension related though cause I can apply pressure to my suspension and hear no noise at all.. it's definitely coming from inside the engine bay.. right side.. happens the most when the motor flexes.. probably underneath where I can't see anything.. it's going in to get checked soon anyway..

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

let us know what it is when you find the problem.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

its the pulleys/belts.. either loose or old belts.. same exact thing happens to my car.. it started as a squeek, now its a scream every time i turn the car on then it goes away after a few seconds... after the first start after the motor has been sitting for a while it will scream for minutes, also occasionally when i make left turns it squeals and has been frequently happening when driving in 1st... i knwo on mine it is not the belts b/c they are new.. but i dont have the tools or the time to get in there and tighten those pulleys... you'll get used to it after a while

Comment

Lower Balljoint.. I just replaced mine... and yeah it makes creekin noises..

Comment

Working...
              X