Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing EGR black box, is the map sensor in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing EGR black box, is the map sensor in it?

hey guys im doing my shave/wire tuck, and im tryin to get rid of everythin i can in the engine bay, and the EGR black box on the firewall is one i wanna remove. I have a EGR block off plate, and the car is gonna be boosted, so im gonna keep it blocked, so im wondering if i can remove the egr box? oh and i heard the map sensor is in it too.....dont i need that than? Cause im gonna put my 3bar map sensor in it when im boosted...thanks for your help!
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

if ur talking about the emissions box, then yes you can remove it. Just be sure to plug/replace any vacuum lines with other sources, very easy to understand once you see in the box. As for your 3bar, I would cut the wire off from the stock map sensor in the box and wire them to your gm bar. that way you can retain the factor harness outside the black box, if you need it later on.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

can someone help me out identify these vacuum lines lol im an idiot and didnt label any of them when i pulled the engine out or maybe someone can post a pic of the egr box all hooked up? Thanks alot!!

1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

If I recall correctly, 1, 2, and 3 go to the intake manifold near the throttle body, 4 definitely goes to the EGR valve, and 5 goes to the charcoal canister right below the box when it's mounted... Hope that helps.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

i would recommend getting your service manual out and read up on the emissions systems controls BEFORE starting to remove a bunch of stuff that you do not understand.

Comment

on the bottom side of the hood is a vacuum line diagram with corseponding numbers to the lines themselves.

Comment

take the cover off the box and its obvious where everything goes, only important thing in there is the map sensor, and it says MAP right on it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ya i did that, cool, thanks for the info looks like the other is charcoal canister, and egr, which im both not using, but i cant figure out the other 2 (#4 and #5) im sure one goes to the intake manifold?

Comment

5 goes to the black canister right under the vacuum box. 4 goes to the egr valve.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

sweet, thanks a lot guys! Gotta love cb7tuner

Comment

i saw earlier the black box delete
                      what do i need and dont from that box
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

my understanding is you only need the map sensor, however u are removing an emissions control unit, so if u gotta pass emissions u are screwed. Plus you are removing the EGR which i have read is not the best thing to do on a stockish n/a motor.

anyone know where this vacuum line runs to? its off the intake assembley

Comment

^You don't need any of that, simply plug the port on the plenum where it came from, 1 of the 3 by the t/b I believe.

Comment

sweet Thanks a lot!!

Comment

that lil vacumm reservoir

for cars that were from up north
                              when the engine saw low temps, it sent a vacum signal to it and it closed alil flapper valve inside those intake tubes
                              so only hot air would come in just til the engine got to operating temps
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                              X