list of my car troubles - help is appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

list of my car troubles - help is appreciated

I have several problems with my automatic 93 Accord LXa so I figure I should just make one big thread for them all

Problems:
    *Vibration/shake in idle especially with AC on
    *There is a 1-2 second pause and then a jolt when shifting from park to reverse, reverse to drive and park to drive
    *Shifting to drive gears is rough as well; get a jolt/bump on shifting
    *There is a noticeable 1-2 second delay in downshifting when flooring it. You can apply the pedal to full but not actually move any faster until 1-2 seconds later
    *When the car is coasting and you press the pedal, the car lurches and just feels like plain crap. This can be avoided by applying the slightest very very light touch but its very hard to manage

I just had the transmission flushed and that didnt make much of a difference
    I also just had valve cover gasket replaced and spark plug tube seals replaced because of oil getting in the tube (spark plugs were of course just changed as well)

Any ideas about any of the mentioned problems

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by dwoloz; 08-27-2004, 08:18 PM.
    93 Accord LXA AT

I think your car has a bad case of REAR MOUNTITUS(SP?)

and it sounds like the tranny is slipping, i think my wife does that too. It doesnt actually shift as fast as it should, and sits there at like 6.5k and then shifts, it scares me...
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

F.M.I.
      how many miles ya got?

Comment

and yes im serious
        93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

If nothing else, motor mounts for the vibration with a/c on.

Even though you just said that you had the tranny flushed, my car used to do that too. A flush cured the problem.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by dwoloz

and yes im serious
            426 or 42.6 k sense

Comment

New motor mounts and a new transmission.
              It sounds like all cb7's, mine included. But i don't consider it serious enough to warrant any work or worry for it. My car does everything you listed but I highly doubt mine takes a full 1-2 seconds. Maybe a half second to a full second. But thats a honda transmission for ya. Don't get me wrong, I think its great I'm not trashing it. It a trusty engine/transmission combination expected to give you 100-200k plus miles of service with proper oil changes. I believe honda said of the cb7's 'Shifting in high mileage transmissions should come down a bit rough, but should not drop like a hammer.' Not those exact words, but what they meant is that the shifting should be rough, but not overly rough.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Mine does all of the above as well.

Even the leaking into the plugs, with really pisses me off, because we replaced the plug gaskets and VC gasket, and still, it leaks.

Comment

i should also note that the idle shake is not really shaking the whole car as much as its just shaking the steering column/wheel

it gets really uncomfortable to keep your hands on the wheel in idle
                  93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

hi dan

Comment

hi2u2
                      93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                        426 or 42.6 k sense
                        42 600 miles.

Comment

Working...