H22 and D15B Throttle body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 and D15B Throttle body.

Well here is the deal. I have a JDM H22A Automatic engine and the tps is broken. Well I got a civic throttle body from a stock D15b7 found in the 92-95 Civic, which also is automatic.

Now I looked at both the throttle bodies and they both look the same except for a few little differences in the casting.

Now here is where I'm stumped:

I was able to put the h22a throttle body on the stock intake manifold of the d15 and vice versa. So the bolt pattern is the same. Also I measured both of the TB and the measurements are the same. Both are 55mm on the intake manifold end and both are 62mm on the other side.

The other main difference is where one of the lines of the iacv points. On the civic it points towards the drivers side and on the h22 it points towards the passenger side.

Now are both TB the same almost?

I even checked maxbore.com and they said the d series could only be bored out to 60 and the h22 can be to 66mm.

Now something is def screwy about this situation.

Both engines are bone stock, unless someone played a switch-a-roo somewhere along the line.

my h22a4 has a 60mm tb at the plate. i think u got switched

Comment

Pretty sure the d15b7 throttle body is supposed to be smaller, we just put a intake on my buddies del sol s and the throttle body looked tiny same with the whole intake manifold. It has to be under 60mm. I think someone swapped it out for a b series TB.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Working...
      X