Black carbon outta exhaust? eeek *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black carbon outta exhaust? eeek *pics*

Uhh is this bad? lol I started my car and its all carbon powder.

What causes this? How can I fix this? the second pic is from me putting the towel inside the tail pipe theirs like layers of black carbon.

eeeek

Last edited by Maple50175; 04-12-2008, 07:30 PM.

Its just rich.. Do it really have black smoke or just deposits.. If I start mine and rev it, it will shoot out black deposits because the soot will get picked up with the usual condensation.. Like in the first pic. But I don't have noticeable black smoke
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 04-12-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

My car never makes black smoke when I floor it, well not since I've owned it. It looks so cool!

The other day I walking this Turbo'd Mazda 3 was driving by an did WOT wheels broke loose and black smoke was shooting out
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
        My car never makes black smoke when I floor it, well not since I've owned it. It looks so cool!

The other day I walking this Turbo'd Mazda 3 was driving by an did WOT wheels broke loose and black smoke was shooting out
        umm cool

Comment

what do you get for gas mileage, cel?, "leaky" fuel injector, bad o2 sensor, etc..

Comment

My car does that as well...I get 27mpg in city, and I broke 40mpg on the way to Texas.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I have had the CEL due to the O2 wiring it's all messed up still.

I used some lucas fuel treatment and I got 400 miles which is crazy IMO..

weird.

Comment

Well it looks like you solved your own problem right there.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

i got 250 on my last tank and i dont shoot soot.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I wish i got 400 miles a tank... i get 350 Kilometers a tank...
                    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                      umm cool
                      .... ...yea i know...
                      MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Black in the tailpipe isn't too much of an issue, but if it comes out visibly any time while you're driving, you've got mixture problems... not very good for the engine, you could end up with fuel in your oil or excessive carbon buildup in the engine. I had a poorly regulated fuel pump (pushing 7 psi instead of 5) on my last camaro, it turned out that it was pushing too much fuel into the carburetor... spun a bearing within 5k miles from fuel contamination in the oil.
                        1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          My car does that as well...I get 27mpg in city, and I broke 40mpg on the way to Texas.
                          what the hell do you do to your car to get 27/40 mpg? thats INSANE! tell me your secret

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                            what the hell do you do to your car to get 27/40 mpg? thats INSANE! tell me your secret

yeah please...40 mpg sounds good.

Comment

Brand new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter, valve adjustment, then about 200 miles behind a semi doing 60mph = 40mpg.

The 27 in city, I just drive slowly and don't hot rod around.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X