Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Issues..

Lemme ask a couple of questions..
    When I start my car it blows out smoke and it could last up to 10 minutes of just idling or 1 mile of driving, what could this be?! Also, I noticed my thermostat is leaking antifreeze.. it's not alot but its enough for me to notice it. The cars not overheating or anything though so idk.. is there a way to seal it without taking it off?? *shrugs*
    Any suggestions or anything would be more than helpful
    -Keanna

Originally posted by Juice21
    thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
    Originally posted by GameChewer
    Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

what color is the smoke?

blueish= oil
    white= coolant
    black= to much fuel.

on the coolant leak, try to tighten the 2 bolts that hold it closed. other than that, replace the rubber seal. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

When I first start the car its a bluish color and then once I start moving it turns black.. I'll try to tighten those bolts up and also run to the parts store and get another seal for it and replace that. Do you know how hard it is to replace the o2 sensor? I'm trying to get ready to go through emmissions and I'm not tryna fail.. my cel is on

Comment

Originally posted by breeziebabyyy
        When I first start the car its a bluish color and then once I start moving it turns black.. I'll try to tighten those bolts up and also run to the parts store and get another seal for it and replace that. Do you know how hard it is to replace the o2 sensor? I'm trying to get ready to go through emmissions and I'm not tryna fail.. my cel is on

O2 sensor isn't too hard, it can be hard to break loose sometimes if it's old. They make a special socket that might help you.

Did you pull the CEL code? Some places will immediately fail you if your CEL is on. If you don't want to do it yourself, many shops will do it for free, because they view it as a way to get business. It's definitely not hard to do, though.
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I checked the CEL its throwing the tps code (7) and the o2 sensor code (41).. I don't know how to replace neither of them. I've already tried two throttle bodies with the tps still on there, that's a no go lol. So I guess the next best thing is to tamper with the tps like everyone is saying but im scared because I don't want to mess up or break it ya know I'm kinda clueless right now but i gotta do something because I gotta go through marta soon and if I don't pass then guess what.. the cb will be parked again! OH and I went to auto zone to get them to cut it off.. their machine doesn't work for my car which sucks!!

Comment

you can pull the fuse for the ecu or unplug the battery and that will reset the ecu. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

The O2 really isn't hard to change. Maybe 10 minutes, tops, and it will really help your chances of getting through the smog check.

It's probably cheaper to take care of the O2 now and get it passed, than parking it, and then having to do all the re-registration.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Well I tried resetting the ecu by taking the fuse out for the ecu, unplugging the ecu itself, and the battery and as soon as i started the car it came right back on as far as the o2 sensor I plan to put another one in as soon as I can get the downpipe and header disconnected so I can reach it.. Its on too tight!! And now I realised my camber kit is off balance in the back end. It's eating away at my inner tires FU**!!!!!!! GRRRR I'm so pissed off right now.. I'm bout to give up. I may not even go to any of the meets I was planning to go to, that's including the one in two weeks or the one in FL or the one for import alliance

Comment

Working...
                X