A.T. Solenoids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A.T. Solenoids?

After losing Second and Fourth gears on my 91 Honda Accord EX (Auto Tranny), I read all the threads on the TCU and replaced the thing yesterday. Now everything works fine; no flashing S, no Check Engline light --- except I don't have reverse. It sounds like a deck of cards being shuffled when you shift into reverse. It really doesn't sound like anything is broken (teeth, gears) just like it won't engage. Does anyone know anything about A.T. solenoids possibly being the problem? And if so, where are they located? I see a shift control solenoid valve in the schematic, but it looks like that is in the TCU. Is there a solenoid near or on the transmission itself that can be cleaned/replaced? Thanks.
    p.s. I've read this forum for a coulple of years and you guys always are THE place to look for answers!
    Last edited by BRAINLOCK1; 09-01-2004, 02:49 PM.

here they are. they look like tits lol.

i don't know which one is which.

i there is a shift control selenoid and a park selenoid.
    u might have a tranny problem. but first check everything that has to do with gear selection.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

There's a shift solenoid and lockup control solenoid... the lowermost one is the shift solenoid. Top one is the lockup control... it controls the lockup feature of the torque converter, when at a steady cruising speed...
      -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

Thanks. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new transmission; but with all four forward gears now available once more (since I replaced the TCU) living without Reverse doesn't seem so bad when I only had first and third. Hopefully cleaning or replacing the Solenoids will bring me some luck with getting Reverse back again.

Comment

well dude i had that problem with first and third gear. after a while i had to replace my tranny. check the selenoid's wire. there might be a folty one.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
          X