what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i do

i have found tha prob with my 91 f22a1. #3 main bearing gone i mean gone. the crank journal looks good though. i can't measure for taper or out of round the crank is still in the car. sould i replace the bearing and pray or should i think new motor, the journal again not scratched or gouged. did the peeny test and no cooper stayed on the journal this is the only bearing gone any body tried just bearing relacement before please need help here fast.

if ur hurting that bad replace all the bearings.... the set is less then 100 and would set u back alot less then nething else. and have someone that has done this before handy if u havent but u sound like a pretty capable mechanic. that what i would do if i were you.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

since u there i suggest on rebuilding the whole engine. i mean rods piston rings etc. its gonna cost u a little bit and its a little time consuming but at least u gona have a good engine. its gona be less than a h22 and its gonna be much much more reliable if u get another engine from a junk jard.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i have done this sorta work before (albeit on a chevy 350)and i was a helicopter mechanic in the army. the problem as always is money. brand new baby etc. i need my car i love my car. should i think about replaceing the engine?

Comment

well u gona buy a used engine. so u don't know how it is. if u rebuild it then u are gonna have a brand new engine.

its up to u what to do.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
          X