coolant bypass mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolant bypass mod?

i was wondering if anyone have DIY instruction on dis with pictures? aite thanks

its cake.

Plug off the coolant line that goes to throtle body. Then put a cap, and hose clamp over the inlet where the hose connects to(part of throttle body).

Easy to do, but have fun with a shitty idle at cold temps.
    Noobie my ASS.

Comment

hey do i disconect 2 hose from da TB? ders 2 hose dats conected to da TB one coming from the thermostat and one i think going to da block. do i just disconect the 2 hose from TB and connect them together? aite thanks

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
          hey do i disconect 2 hose from da TB? ders 2 hose dats conected to da TB one coming from the thermostat and one i think going to da block. do i just disconect the 2 hose from TB and connect them together? aite thanks
          Huh He told you what to do. What part dont you get? Why do you want to do this? What are the gains?

Comment

yeah what does the bypass do?
            R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
            My members ride page
            Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

i heard it adds more HP or torque

Comment

Get the ebay chip mod too, adds crazy numbers @ the dyno.
                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

hey. I at least give you credit for trying to do a mod on your own.

HOWEVER.......Dont do. If you want to try it, go ahead, it's easy to fix.

To others...... This mod REMOVES the hot ass coolant line that goes into your throttle body. That coolant line heats the crap out of the throttle body= less power.

Works on some other vehicles well, but not great on hondas. Our computer reads the cold temp when we start our cars, and adjusts fuel acordingly.

Some honda guys do it for track use though. IMO it's not worth it.
                  Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                    Get the ebay chip mod too, adds crazy numbers @ the dyno.
                    what exact chip is this? really i thought all those chips were a hoax

Comment

Originally posted by jpaul_martinez
                      what exact chip is this? really i thought all those chips were a hoax
                      You so just owned yourself right there lol. He was being sarcastic...anyways...

I've been running the tb bypass for close to a year now with no probs at all. Its simply a bypass. Like stated above it keeps the tb alot (ALOT!) cooler after daily driving or racing. I live in FL tho so we don't have freezes here alot. Even through the winter at 30 degee Farenheit start-ups i never had a problem. The only prob that could possibly happen is the throttle plate getting frozen shut somehow...not likely to happen tho. Just be weary of the weather conditions where u live and if you have probs its easy to undo the mod. No gains on the butt dyno but the tb sure is nice and cold after a run...thats says a number in itself.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yea, if you live in sub-zero winters I'd consider doing the bypass during warm months, but have it easy for you to transition back because it helps your TB operate more efficiently in the cold and like they said, it'll idle better.

IMO, I wouldn't do this mod unless I got a intake manifold gasket that prevented heat transfer (or keeps it to minimum) from the block. Otherwise, you're doing things half-a$$. I know Hondata don't sell them intake manifold gaskets for our F22s...but wouldn't this be a nice DIY...hint hint
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

so is dis mod worth it even tho i dont have a performance intake manifold gasket? and am i unpluging da rite hoses? dose 2 hose next to each other under da trottle body? im doing dis because im bout to put a h23 throttle body for my f22a1 and i heard it bolt rite in. aite thanks for all da replies

Comment

english? damn learn proper grammer.

Comment

ive just been reading about this in the s2000 boards, and did a search and came with this, can someone be kind enough to post a picture to which lines are capped. thank you.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X