A/C Air conditioning recharching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Air conditioning recharching

ANyone know how to do it? I bought the self fill kit. I know my A?C has no freon.

Low pressure-when i press the needle down, nothing but air comes out, high pressure, freon comes out. I followed the instructions on the kit that said to connect to the low pressure line, twist vale untill the needle comes through the can, and lift it up upside down, then turn the A/C on untill the reaches its pressure.

when i attach the hose, it reads 110, and the freon does not go into my line. I disconnected the hose from the AC line with the valve open and i had freon coming out of the attachment, so i know its open. My dad said i have to give the compressor power for the clutch to kick in, so that it turns, and something about freon oil thats supposed to go in.

Can anyone explain this too me if they know how? 99 Acura TL, btw.

And do not tell me to just take it to a A/C licensed blah blah. I want to know how it works, and do it myself.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

First off, Connect the fill line to the R134 can, Twist the valve at the top of the can, There will be that needle thing that comes down, Once its fully down, Turn it back the other way all the way and the freon should start flowing. The can will start to get cold when its going into the car.

Also if its not going in then make sure that the end of the hose thats suppose to onto the fitting on the car is on properly. Make sure that the prong inside the end of the hose is pushing down on the pin on the A/C line in the car.

Comment

1st=turn on your car & set the ac to high
      2nd=put on the adapter onto the AC line right behind the radiator
      3rd=connect the hose w/ the bottle to that line though the adapter you just put on
      4th=keep adding freon till the marker on the bottle gets to the top of the green zone which is the full mark.

thats how it is on the CBs...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

If you have freon coming out of the highside but not the low side then you have a problem. freon should be coming out of both sides regardless of the state of charge.
        FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Well i fixed it

WHat i did was, take the plug out of the condenser, got a wire and hooked it up directly to the battery. I heard the clutch inside the compressor click, so i knew it was good. I started the car, hooked up the wire to the battery, and it sucked it in. It now blows cold now.

Thanks guys and dad.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well not to be a thread jacker but mine wouldnt stay cold past a week...any ideas..
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
              Well i fixed it

WHat i did was, take the plug out of the condenser, got a wire and hooked it up directly to the battery. I heard the clutch inside the compressor click, so i knew it was good. I started the car, hooked up the wire to the battery, and it sucked it in. It now blows cold now.

Thanks guys and dad.
              lol my old engine had that line broken. luckly its a simple fix

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
              X