cruise control removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cruise control removal

I cant figure out how to get the cable to come out of the firewall. I twisted it, and it looks like it's supposed to come out when you do that, but it doesnt move and i think i may have gotten it stuck on the rubber seal around it. Should i just yank or something? I dont want to break the car, i dont really care if i break the cc unit since it's broken anyways. If someone has the service manual page for it in the factory manual, that's awesome becuase my service manual has no index and the only way i find things is by guessing.
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

cut the wire and remove some for the engine side and the rest from the cabin. atleast you won't be left with a hole to seal in the fire wall.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
      cut the wire and remove some for the engine side and the rest from the cabin. atleast you won't be left with a hole to seal in the fire wall.
      i didnt think of using the plug when i took mine out this weekend. thats not a bad idea, but then you cant re-install it or sell it. that cable connects to a lever-system attached to the gas pedal. with just a little bit of looking at it its very easy to disconnect the entire line (with the attached little peg on the end) then slide it through the firewall into the engine compartment.

as far as it not coming out, i think you may need to twist it just a little further. there isnt a rubber gasket that stays behind (at least on mine there wasnt), just a blank hole in the firewall.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

have you tryed removing the rubber seal with the CC unit. then when its out of the car removing it? should be easier like that

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

ill go disconnect it from the pedal and then do that. I knew it wouldnt just come out. Temporary lapse of logic, id say.
          Cars:
          98 Accord LX Sedan

Comment

Don't forget to plug up the vacuum port

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

..dude i would KILL to have cruise control in the CB.. god them road trips, my damn leg is seriously swollen from not being able to move for hours at a time in that car!

Originally posted by Juice21
              thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
              Originally posted by GameChewer
              Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

yeah i do plan on putting it back when i get a working module, the switch works fine, its just the vacuum nipple on the module is gone, and it's all rusty. I think i just need a new one and it'll be good to go.
                Cars:
                98 Accord LX Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X