battery relocation - wiring the starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocation - wiring the starter

I just picked up a battery relocation kit from Summit but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to wire up the starter. Would I have to use a distribution block? Can I cut the starter cable off the old harness and splice it onto the distribution block?

yeah i'm pretty sure you're supposed to use a distribution block, at least from what i was reading about it when i looked into it.
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

You dont need a distribution bock. You can but its not necesary.

I just ran the positive from the back of the car all the way up onto the starter and put the fuse box power over it, and then the bold to hold them down together.Works great

Comment

the oem bolt from the starter fit fine with the fuse and positive lead on top of one another? I just bought a Taylor one and am about to do the same

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
          You dont need a distribution bock. You can but its not necesary.

I just ran the positive from the back of the car all the way up onto the starter and put the fuse box power over it, and then the bold to hold them down together.Works great
          what wire did u use from the starter to the fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by the pharmacist View Post
            what wire did u use from the starter to the fuse?
            The stock one...If I recall I cut off the end of one side, melted some thick solder inside of those connectors and put the wire in it...I had a diagram I made on here...Il try and find it to give a better visual.

Comment

and if you plan on racing at the track, you need a switch at the back of the car that will kill the car if its shut off.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

where'd you guys bolt the ground to?

I was looking and it'd best fit near the abs module. Two relays are grounded right next to the module ona flimsy ground, but I was wondering if that would work well enough as a ground for the battery

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
                  where'd you guys bolt the ground to?

I was looking and it'd best fit near the abs module. Two relays are grounded right next to the module ona flimsy ground, but I was wondering if that would work well enough as a ground for the battery
                  That will work...I myself put the ground on the rear bumber support boltNo problems yet...

Comment

I don't think my ground wire can make the trip haha.

It's pretty damn short, and I don't want to have stress on it.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
                    X